Web
Analytics
Question - - Things in photos you can't explain ('ghosts') | General Chat | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Things in photos you can't explain ('ghosts')

jawide

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So as a long time lurker and not a very active poster at all i wasn't sure whether to put this in general chat or general explore but edged on the side of caution and posted it here.

I'll start off by saying i believe in there being supernatural things around (ie ghosts) but given a piece of footage or a photograph i will always look at it skeptically before i jump to "omg it's a ghost" but nontheless i still really find pictures and footage like that fascinating and want to see more.

That being said, having looked at thousands of photos of abandoned places on here and other places (namely reddit) i haven't actually seen many, if any, pictures with something in the background that the photographer says they didn't see in person.

So that being said, has anybody got any pictures that they've taken they can either link me to, or post here, of things in their pictures that they can't explain? I feel that abandoned buildings should be full of evidence of that nature and from what i've seen they just kind of... Aren't.

Anecdotal evidence of feeling like you're being watched or having a feeling of sadness/depression in a particular place is also interesting to read.

Hope this is ok to post here. Please let me know if not.

Peace.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Just because you can't explain something doesn't mean it's a ghost, spook, spirit, jesus, or the fucking easter bunny.
What people attribute to the supernatural can be explained

Orbs are usually dust particles which catch the light
Seeing a strange figure in the back of a picture is pareidolia ( https://www.newscientist.com/article/2145286-monkeys-can-see-faces-in-inanimate-things-just-like-us/ )

There's roughly 770 million surveillance cameras on the planet and still no real evidence of ghosts or fairies, you might as well believe that you'll catch Santa coming down the chimney at Christmas

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The only thing I can't explain is why these paranormal investigators spend time looking for something we all know doesn't really exist. There's more chance if seeing the Loch Ness monster....

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
Last edited:

zombizza

Pink
Regular User
pareidolia
Yes, this probably accounts for most of it. Sometimes it can be very sensitive. I once had a patient in who was mentally unwell and she was seeing faces in everything - and when she showed me examples she could see in my consulting room, I could see where she was coming from. It was pretty severe though and she was convinced it was some evil force.
Anyway, it is basically there for survival...to spot threats in the natural surroundings - that hidden big cat in the trees, eyeing you up.

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yes, this probably accounts for most of it. Sometimes it can be very sensitive. I once had a patient in who was mentally unwell and she was seeing faces in everything - and when she showed me examples she could see in my consulting room, I could see where she was coming from. It was pretty severe though and she was convinced it was some evil force.
Anyway, it is basically there for survival...to spot threats in the natural surroundings - that hidden big cat in the trees, eyeing you up.

View attachment 863914
That's a strange looking fleshlight but whatever floats your boat I won't judge.