Web
Analytics
This is awkward.. | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

This is awkward..

Findingtheforgotten

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hiiiii, I'm very new to this! (literally, 5 minutes..) I've always been super into photography and finding new spots if and when possible, but I lack the man power to go explore as much as I'd like too! Is there any groups around the Sheffield area that wouldn't mind me tagging along? I really want to start taking this a bit more seriously, but I just don't know anyone who I can go about with. (and yeah, I'm too nervous to go about places in my own yet, soz.)

Probably opening myself up to a world of criticism by posting this. but if you don't ask, you never find out, do you? Thanks guys!! :)

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
If you don't ask, you don't get! Nothing to be awkward about. There's a little sub-forum on here where the first post for any member can be a little awkward, certainly viewing them is :p

Welcome along. A couple of other friendly people will post some reading material for you to look at shortly. It will give you an idea of how the cogs whirr around on 28.

Findingtheforgotten

28DL Member
28DL Member
If you don't ask, you don't get! Nothing to be awkward about. There's a little sub-forum on here where the first post for any member can be a little awkward, certainly viewing them is :p

Welcome along. A couple of other friendly people will post some reading material for you to look at shortly. It will give you an idea of how the cogs whirr around on 28.
Exactly!! Haha thank you for the kind introduction, looking forward to meeting some like minded people. :thumb

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Welcome along. Have a read of this thread to let you know how things work around here and to give you an idea of how to start.

Best thing to do is get some reports up if you've already been to a few places or use the search box and see whats in your local area. Once you have a couple of reports up people will be far more likely to invite you out/trade locations.

Look forward to seeing some reports :thumb

Any other questions just ask.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome to the forum. Exploring can be quite daunting at first. And it always gives you a bit of a rush when you do this kind of thing. It's better to explore in a pair or a three I find. There's one or two of us from Sheff on here. Unfortunately there's less to do here in the steel city these days. Good luck and stay safe.

Abandoned_Memoriez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hiiiii, I'm very new to this! (literally, 5 minutes..) I've always been super into photography and finding new spots if and when possible, but I lack the man power to go explore as much as I'd like too! Is there any groups around the Sheffield area that wouldn't mind me tagging along? I really want to start taking this a bit more seriously, but I just don't know anyone who I can go about with. (and yeah, I'm too nervous to go about places in my own yet, soz.)

Probably opening myself up to a world of criticism by posting this. but if you don't ask, you never find out, do you? Thanks guys!! :)
We are 3 women in Sheffield area, we have a fb page Abandoned Memoriez drop us an inbox

lindsayj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Hi me and my partner have just started doing this exploring etc and we’re in Doncaster have u any places to visit etc even out in the country many thanks