Web
Analytics
Report - - Thomas and Jones (TEJAY) Ltd, Liverpool, Dec, 2017) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Thomas and Jones (TEJAY) Ltd, Liverpool, Dec, 2017)

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
An abandoned food packing factory on the edge of the Vauxhall area of Liverpool. Thomas and Jones (TEJAY) Ltd seems to have operated from 1924 - 2010, with the latest literature inside dating from the mid 80’s. Not a great deal to see in this one - most of the machinery had gone leaving just fixings and pulleys in the ceilings of some rooms. Visited with junior. Pictures go from the basement up.

0_exterior.jpg

1_basement.jpg

2_fuses_light.jpg

3_heaters.jpg

4_stairs.jpg

5_room2.jpg

6_window.jpg

7_room2b.jpg

8_desk.jpg

Not the most hygienic of food places.

9_notices.jpg

10_loos.jpg

11_safes_switch.jpg

12_room1.jpg

View south from the roof showing the radio city tower (aka ‘de magic mushroom’), and in the middle the sandstone spire of the municipal buildings on Dale St.

13_view.jpg

There was a considerable amount of drug paraphernalia in this place which was surprising since access is currently far too inconvenient for your average questing junky. Looking around, drug action now seems to have shifted to a shed over the road (sorry about the focus in the last shot).

14_external.jpg

15_junk.jpg

16_needles.jpg

Charming spot.

Ann G

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I worked there in the 1980s. There wasn't any machinery just a manual hoist. The working conditions were pretty grim even in the office.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I worked there in the 1980s. There wasn't any machinery just a manual hoist. The working conditions were pretty grim even in the office.
Interesting - was this just a redistribution/repackaging place then?
I imagine the building will be flattened fairly soon like much of the rest of that neighbourhood.

Ann G

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting - was this just a redistribution/repackaging place then?
I imagine the building will be flattened fairly soon like much of the rest of that neighbourhood.
The company supplied catering size tinned meats and dried fruits to hospitals in the NW and N Wales. Just a supply warehouse and another industry that thatcher succeeded in closing down by cutting out the middle man.