real time web analytics
Question - - Thoughts on Nature in Abandoned Buildings | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Thoughts on Nature in Abandoned Buildings

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ProjectRemains

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey explorers,

I'm new to the forum but I'm here because I've recently started exploring as I'm conducting some research on how nature reacts with abandoned buildings.

However, for those more veteran explorers I wanted to know a little more about their run-ins with nature. Do you often find that buildings tend to have similar plants growing in them? And do they often come in via the same routes (windows, cracks, etc.)?

Also, what are your thoughts on nature reclaiming buildings that we no longer want? Do you think it's right that nature reclaims this land to restore it as to what it wants?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
I don't understand why you need our oppinion? It's a well known fact certain plants will grow on derelict land and it's hardly my choice what nature gets up to l!

ProjectRemains

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm after the opinion of those who tend to explore these areas to see if the opinions differ. I'm curious if those who explore abandoned buildings are more likely to have a respect for the freedom of nature and to allow it to do as it pleases.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It's a funny question really. I like seeing nature take back buildings but i dont think it has some 'right' to do so, it's just interesting to see.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I quite like seeing plants growing in a derp, ivy growing over a window gives a nice green glow

I did have an owl fly at my head once and I almost shat myself

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It can make for some nice photos, isn't so nice when it causes the floor to collapse though

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I like that grass likes to grow in the sludge that wet ceiling tiles makes :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like the way Buddlia"s can grow straight out of a derelict buildings wall/roof (or live site in Sheffield) .

It"s just unfortunate that due to the decline in the Butterfly population you don"t see many feeding these days :(

Less happy with the way wet rot & woodworm eat away any form of support from wooden floors leaving only Lino to walk on and fall through :eek:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details