real time web analytics
Thoughts on Tagging? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Thoughts on Tagging?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Stickers - as long as they aren’t in my shot then they don’t bother me

graff tags/ marker pen - no thanks

street art - yes please

What I don’t understand is explorers bringing other explorers stickers with them and sticking them up. That explorer hasn’t even been there?! Iknow it might be friends doing stuff for each other. But if I did stickers I’d only want them in places I’d been.

Does that really happen?

Nakedexplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stickers - as long as they aren’t in my shot then they don’t bother me

graff tags/ marker pen - no thanks

street art - yes please

What I don’t understand is explorers bringing other explorers stickers with them and sticking them up. That explorer hasn’t even been there?! I know it might be friends doing stuff for each other. But if I did stickers I’d only want them in places I’d been.

wow, whoever does this is just lame and your right as I've looked up some of these yet they don't have anything from that location. Bothered me as was interested in sharing the history of the place as my own research was full of holes.

Parysperspective

A peach, a nice welcoming peach
Banned
Stickers had passed my mind tbh. But after about 500 locations (low estimate as I really have no idea since 2014, but not more than 1000!) it’s seems pointless to start half way through my pins! It was more a thought of “I woz ‘ere” than come follow me. But then I have pics to prove “I woz ’ere”. So meh. But I would not have wanted my stickers to be placed where I hadn’t been. Just seems false. Well, it is false.

Parysperspective

Banned
Haha. Nah. I don’t do reports. Half coz if I wanted to do a report then I’d wanna do more than copy and paste, yet Im too lazy to write things up, and also because it gives too much away. And that’s even for one, let alone the 500+! I’ll leave the reports to those that enjoy doing them. I’m not a historian explorer, I’m an amateur photographer type of explorer. Therefore I’m not allowed to do anything here but comment. ;-)

farmer.ned

magic.clean
28DL Full Member
Good graffiti can be art but stickers are just pointless
@farmer.ned there's no unwritten rules or codes, it's hypocritical to impose a moral code on people who are regularly committing a civil offense and breaking the law
We're not into this hobby because we follow the rules and realistically there's no one "community" which collectively agrees to any rules
Personally I don't tag because I lack the artistic talent but I wouldn't try imposing that on anyone else

point taken but personally it does spoil it for anyone else coming in after you its pointless selfish and offensive and tars all urban explorers with the same brush

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Haha. Nah. I don’t do reports. Half coz if I wanted to do a report then I’d wanna do more than copy and paste, yet Im too lazy to write things up, and also because it gives too much away. And that’s even for one, let alone the 500+! I’ll leave the reports to those that enjoy doing them. I’m not a historian explorer, I’m an amateur photographer type of explorer. Therefore I’m not allowed to do anything here but comment. ;-)
You should post some if you have done so many, be interested to see them. You could even post a few pics in the comments here to see a few places you have been. Done a fair few myself but never copied and pasted it once. Obviously get the info on a lot of the net like most. Then write my own way from several sources.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Graff was around long before people were running around sticking photos up of derelict building were.

If there's stickers, the goons have beat you to it & it's probably shit anyway.

Dust & chalk, couldn't care less, place will burn down or be pulled down soon enough anyway.

jST

LLS.
Regular User

For most it is more about writing about the experience and sharing photos, not just collecting 'pins'

Each to their own I suppose.

Parysperspective

Banned
I don’t collect pins, I’ve never counted my explore number, so I dunno how many I’ve done, I just know it’s loads. I take photos. And if something interesting happens on the explore, I’ll mention it when uploading my pics to my pages. I don’t like giving too much away personally. If I do reports I may as well name places. But I don’t do that unless it’s no secret. We all know what happens when places get out. And I’d like to keep my impact of that to a minimum. Plus with work, researching locations, and long exploring days, I simply do not have the time/ can’t be bothered to reports.

So yeah, each time their own.

1nk4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Urmmmm... The whole point of graffiti tagging is to get your name out.

That's why they write the exact same tag everywhere
sorry, whats your point here? I'm fully aware of what graffiti is and how it works.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I always find it ironic that people leave stickers in abandoned buildings. The people who will prob see these stickers are other explorers who have just been in the same building as you.

Who has read this thread (Total: 204) View details