real time web analytics
Sold - Three Carbide Lamps for sale... | Carbide Lamps | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Sold Three Carbide Lamps for sale...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Three carbide lamps for sale, 1,2 and 3 respectively...

IMG_0872Custom.jpg

Number 1.

This has a trade mark of 2 crossed hammers through a circle on the top of the tank, and 850z on it, clean and unused, the water screw turns, oddly it has a brass yoke clamp screw.

IMG_0874Custom.jpg

IMG_0875Custom.jpg

IMG_0876Custom.jpg

IMG_0877Custom.jpg

Number 2.

This is very similar to item 1, without the manufacturers stamp. Unused.

IMG_0878Custom.jpg

Number 3.

This is marked 'Wolf 60 A 1950' on the yoke, and 'The Wolf Safety Lamp Co, Wm Maurice Ltd, Sheffield' and has a trade mark of a wolf with a miners lamp in jaws. Heavy tinned iron, water screw works. The water filler is unusually through the stopper covered hole in centre. Brass burner 'spout'.

IMG_0879Custom.jpg

IMG_0880Custom.jpg

IMG_0881Custom.jpg

IMG_0882Custom.jpg

IMG_0883Custom.jpg

-----------------------------------------

£35 each including postage.

All the lamps are in fair condition for the price asked. They should work, but may need new seals, this is usual. They will also clean up with a quick application of a scratch free scouring pad.

caiman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting to see that they have no reflectors. What were they used for?

And a second thought - is that filter asbestos fibre?

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Don't think it's asbestos, more like horse hair. There's no need for it to be asbestos, it doesn't get even mildly warm. Most lamps don't have anything. They're supposed to have reflectors, the fittings are there.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
is 1 or 3 still available? Want to try a few other things first but if no joy, after looking at ebay prices, this might be the cheapest option.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
I'll take both of them if that's OK, My buddy got on so well with my one today he wants one too. I'll send you a PM to swap addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.