real time web analytics
Report - - Tilbury A (The Pigeon crap one). Essex. April 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tilbury A (The Pigeon crap one). Essex. April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Visited here with a few mates a few weeks ago and one of them could not get in, so we stuck together and headed of elsewhere, so a few weeks later I was back at the fence and straight in this time.. Only gripe being this time is that I ripped my favourite exploring Jacket that has served me well over the years..

I knew what to expect when we got in as we were just following the tour bus and also the now amazing obvious path way that everybody has been walking along... The only thing I did not expect was the 6 inches of pigeon shit everywhere, but hey ho the insides are well worth it all.. We did not spend very long in here, probably only 90 mins, but it was long enough to see what we wanted (and catch mcdonalds breakfast) before heading off to Sussex for more fun and games.

History

A little something I found online about the site.
Following construction which began in 1951, Tilbury 'A' station was commissioned in 1956 by the CEGB. It was mothballed in 1981 and eventually part demolished in 1999, mostly everything including the turbine hall was demolished. the waste water and a small part of the station still remains due to being a listed building

_MG_7148_zpsjqrz0yso.jpg

_MG_7152_zpsp9sgtwsr.jpg

_MG_7156_zpsgiif0joy.jpg

_MG_7157_zpsbm9ztpry.jpg

_MG_7159_zpscn0b82dm.jpg

_MG_7162_zpsachpstfo.jpg

_MG_7167_zpselgp7i4l.jpg

_MG_7171_zpswmbldlxf.jpg

_MG_7172_zpsqgdfhthk.jpg

_MG_7175_zpsbbph1w9i.jpg

_MG_7176_zpsfdulicbg.jpg

_MG_7177_zpstltrapxs.jpg

_MG_7178_zps4jxdongc.jpg

_MG_7180_zpsrbumh6qp.jpg

_MG_7182_zpssvcf47cg.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I spy with my little eye something beginning (well ending) in B :p

Some good pics, despite those pesky winged rats

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking pics there mate and that is some serious amount of pigeon poop going on there!!!!

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cracking stuff, looks like you guys had a great day out. Top quality reports.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nicely shot mate :thumb

It came in handy all that Pigeon Crap for raising my Tripod a little higher lol
For some sad reason I. Was fascinated by the huge amount of fluorescent lights in the original ceiling 96 I think I counted (sad) they must have either burning off the spare power or been growing Weed in there lol

Someone mentioned they were going to fit a turnstile in like the other Tourist destinations, but I'm not sure if it's true ;)

Gotta thank the original Tour Guides for putting it on the trail for us Tourists ... Cheers

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I keep it in my pocket mate , it's my souvenir chalk from some school or somewhere .

Not that I condone theft but it'd only have been lost in the Demo' so I thought I'd let it end it's life seeing new Tourist Hot Spots ;)

Didn't realise you were with the gang mate. Communications seemed to be failing, must have been all that steelwork lol

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
Think thats it mate, all that dust from the steelworks must be getting to people.. It was only planned on Monday I think... And yep, the number of lights in that place was intense for the size of it

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
There's so many lights because it used to harbour an Inverkip-style translucent ceiling. I think the logic behind it was that it diffused the light evenly so that you didn't get any glare on the dials.

Also champion report :thumb

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
Heard a rumour today that CCTV is now working, so as soon as you pop your head over the wall secca will spot you, and there is now Razor wire at the entrance and this was followed by a run in the the security.. Just heard it from somebody else who is normally accurate with info, so thought I would just pass it on

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It was only a matter of time until you tourists got it fucked up. In actual fact the place is totally do able without getting seen on the CCTV. I spent a long time in there mooching while the CCTV/power that end of the site was still active. I know exactly what people have been doing, instead of climbing over the fence behind the old CCTV and walking around the back of it unseen they have been lazy cunts and are going in through the walk through gap in the old palisade down by the B station, brazenly walking straight past not only the dead CCTV but all the very much live top of the range IR cameras around B station perimeter. Im not surprised this 'walk around like we own it , tell everyone you know, whore it every place possible attitude has got it burnt. You and your gas masks mates are a liability i just hope the troubles here dont have a knock on effect elsewhere on npowers sites.