real time web analytics
Report - - Tin Brook, Stockport - September 2011. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tin Brook, Stockport - September 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Tin Brook, Stockport

FFS Summer in September ? CBA with sweating it above ground, I headed back to Stockport to chill out (Sub Terrania Style)..

"The name Tin Brook given from the circumstance of the workshops and places of business of tinmen being on the stream or near it wherein they threw there refuse"
The Tin Brook is a culverted stream which runs under Stockport, along it's journey passing underneath Frederic Robinsons Brewery, the shops at Underbank before discharging through an outlet near Adlington Square into the River Mersey

I went for a quick poke about here with Paulpowers last week, but after a quick few snaps we decided to bail as there was some serious demo work with heavy plant right above us just the otherside of Robinsons, the brickwork was literally shaking and debris falling through the numerous man-made punctures :eek:

It's worth noting that the culvert dates back to the 1800's, with the brickwork being built ontop of some now rather crumbly sandstone, still it's stood the test of time...JUST!

There is one section that has been re-inforced with concrete, the rest, well it's in some serious need of an overhaul before it finally collapses

(Some of the 'keystones' have fallen through in places and the brick work has cracked/bent out of shape along the way)

I honestly thought I had seen it all until this place, barely a puddle, clean as a whistle despite the odd smell of fresh from the sewer that runs underneath and offers some of the best brick pr0n I have seen to date,

oh and not forgetting the smell of beer as it passes under the brewery :thumb

It was all going well until I narrowly evaded workmen downstream installing a make-shift support in a section directly underneath the building site where the brickwork had finally given up..

My hiding place a 4ft st00py brick arch with a missing manhole from the drain below, with steam and all manner of brewery goodness belching out, fuck was it warm here

On with the pics..

Infall - A 5ft Brick Arch Tunnel

1.jpg

A slight twist to the right opened up into this larger Brick Chamber

2.jpg

Continuing downstream through age old brick arches, the culvert passes under Robinsons Brewery

3.jpg

No. 6 - Manhole shaft along the way

4.jpg

More sexy brickwork

5.jpg

Manhole No. 5

6.jpg

It got quite a bit st00py after the brewery, before opening up into a 7ft Brick Arch

7.jpg

Manhole No. 4

8.jpg

I headed downsream passing 2 more manhole shafts before this, the final..

Manhole No. 1

8a.jpg

Here the light 'Shines' through various 'Puncture Holes', created by the workers from the site above

9.jpg

10.jpg

I narrowly missed one of them either installing/inspecting the way ahead - The wooden supports weren't here on the last visit

11.jpg

Ahead - I had to hide in the shadows until the workers f00ked off, it gets real stoopy and steamy heading downstream... I'll be back!

12.jpg

Last edited: