Web
Analytics
Question - - Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 DX, Help! | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 DX, Help!

hidden_corners

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys and gals, I am looking to buy a wide angle lens for my Nikon D3200 which is a crop sensor, everything I have read up on in terms of best quality and value for money has led me to the Tokina 11-16mm lens. I read that the only difference in the DXII in comparison to the DX is that it has a coating on the lens to reduce flare. Yet the DXII is around £100 more expensive than the older model. Is the newer model worth the extra money or will the older one serve me just as well? Thanks. :thumb

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
The DX2 has a built in motor which you will need when using with the D3200, that camera doesnt have a internal motor so the DX1 will not work, both old and new lens are F2.8

Last edited:

Lavino

28ÐŁ ƦEGUŁλƦ U$EƦ
Regular User
I have dx11 on d3300 and works fine with auto focus so I'd go for that one.

BrainL

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You'll need the DX2 for that camera.. I made the same mistake and bought the DX1 for my Nikon D5200 and wouldn't autofocus, luckily a mate took it off me and I bought the DX2.. fantastic lens :)

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
I have a Canon fit Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 (throughout the range) IF DX. I think they brought out a newer model for that.
Its not a Nikon fit, so I can't comment on the focus issue, but I can vouch for the quality of the lens in general
I use manual focus lots, and it's fairly sharp if you stop down
I asked for advise from here a few years back, and it came back highly reccomended