Web
Analytics
Question - - Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 DX, Help! | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Question - Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 DX, Help!

hidden_corners

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys and gals, I am looking to buy a wide angle lens for my Nikon D3200 which is a crop sensor, everything I have read up on in terms of best quality and value for money has led me to the Tokina 11-16mm lens. I read that the only difference in the DXII in comparison to the DX is that it has a coating on the lens to reduce flare. Yet the DXII is around £100 more expensive than the older model. Is the newer model worth the extra money or will the older one serve me just as well? Thanks. :thumb

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
The DX2 has a built in motor which you will need when using with the D3200, that camera doesnt have a internal motor so the DX1 will not work, both old and new lens are F2.8

Last edited:

Lavino

28ÐŁ ƦEGUŁλƦ U$EƦ
Regular User
I have dx11 on d3300 and works fine with auto focus so I'd go for that one.

BrainL

28DL Regular User
Regular User
You'll need the DX2 for that camera.. I made the same mistake and bought the DX1 for my Nikon D5200 and wouldn't autofocus, luckily a mate took it off me and I bought the DX2.. fantastic lens :)

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
I have a Canon fit Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 (throughout the range) IF DX. I think they brought out a newer model for that.
Its not a Nikon fit, so I can't comment on the focus issue, but I can vouch for the quality of the lens in general
I use manual focus lots, and it's fairly sharp if you stop down
I asked for advise from here a few years back, and it came back highly reccomended