real time web analytics
Report - - Tomintoul ROC, Banffshire Group - February 09 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tomintoul ROC, Banffshire Group - February 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Narcosynthesis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
While staying in Tomintoul with a group of friends all up to go skiing, I took the chance to sneak off in the evening into the snow and go hunting for the Tomintoul ROC...

On finding the post I discovered that since the last visit I knew of the landowners had decided to padlock the post shut, though when I managed to find them they were happy to let me have a look:

The post poking up out of the snow as the sun started to disappear over the horizon.

IMG_3249.jpg

And down into the post...
I guess mostly due to the location, Tomintoul is a brilliantly preserved post - what furniture there would have been has been taken out, but everything else seems to remain - teletalk and other comms gear, an array of maps, posters and a few magazines, and the ever present cans of Glitto. I will admit this was a nice change for me - all of the other posts I have found so far have either been locked up tightly and secure, or completely ruined.

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

Teletalk and Comms gear still in place.

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3289.jpg

IMG_3269.jpg

The area map, plus a big board of information about what to do in the event of emergency and all the other documents and posters.

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

And as always, the ever present Glitto...

IMG_3298.jpg

After having a good look round, time for me to head off out into the darkness and find the lot I was staying with.

IMG_3323.jpg