real time web analytics
Report - - Tone Mills - B&W "Real Film" report, Feb 2011 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tone Mills - B&W "Real Film" report, Feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Just a quick 'heads up' that's already posted in other threads about the place - the existing access route has now been sealed.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Re: Tone Mills - B&W Film report, Feb 2011

My tame developer friend is real 'old school' - as far as I can see, the temp is all wrong, timings are out, chemical mix wrong - but the b*strd just turns out great results.

He's 72 and been doing it for years - I guess its just like well experienced cooks - they dont measure, weigh, time, etc - but just know what works.

Just a quick RIP to Tony, best D&P man I've every known - died earlier this week, thanks for everything mate.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member

Sorry to hear that

Mind you he was a chain-smoking, whisky drinking, diabetic - so 72 wasn't that bad - just one of a dying breed (quite literally in this case)

His darkroom always reminded me of those smoke evacuation training chambers you see the firebrigade practicing in - maybe the key to good printing is to smoke the prints like kippers :eek:

Incognito

Just Reckless.
28DL Full Member

Mind you he was a chain-smoking, whisky drinking, diabetic - so 72 wasn't that bad - just one of a dying breed (quite literally in this case)

His darkroom always reminded me of those smoke evacuation training chambers you see the firebrigade practicing in - maybe the key to good printing is to smoke the prints like kippers :eek:

72 was good going then. Shame he has taken his skill with him bit of a dying skill now, the original way of doing it anyway,

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Was back there again recently (I seem to visit the place more than I visit half my family)

OK, so I know this place has been bashed to bits (photographically)

Getting bashed to bit physically now too (chavs, metal thieves, etc)

This place is still VERY worth seeing - but if you haven't done so yet I'd get your skates on :rolleyes:

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details