real time web analytics
Video Report - - Tonedale Mills, Wellington, Somerset (Photos & Video Feb 2019) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Tonedale Mills, Wellington, Somerset (Photos & Video Feb 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Great explore this was. Fascinating place largely built in the 18thC and used until several decades ago. It's all listed although in a bad state at the moment despite some works ongoing to keep it together. We first checked out an old warehouse to the rear which appeared to be of Victorian construction, before heading into the largest surviving building made of huge red sandstone-like material. The site was established by the Fox Brothers and made Taunton Serge fabric, going onto produce British uniform khaki dye after the Second Boer War. Plenty of detailed info on Wikipedia and Historic England. The site's solid stone construction really impressed me and made for quite a surreal explore, only added to by a strange gigantic decorated larger-than-human goblet sitting out in the driveway! No idea what that was about. We didn't venture all the way to the top as I had a few guests with me that didn't want to go beyond a sensor which is fair game, but I think we saw most of it.

I also filmed a video of the explore which you can watch here (not GoonTube!). We often film documentary videos although this one was a bit more of a hands-on 'vlog' given the circumstances. You can also see the full photo album here: https://www.facebook.com/238743826147822/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2322087777813406

logoresized-1.jpg

logoresized-3.jpg

logoresized-4.jpg

logoresized-8.jpg

logoresized-10.jpg

logoresized-11.jpg

edited-13.jpg

edited-16.jpg

edited-18.jpg

edited-19.jpg

edited-20.jpg

edited-22.jpg