Web
Analytics
Information - - Torch Buying Guide & FAQ #Torchchat - 2019 | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Torch Buying Guide & FAQ #Torchchat - 2019

Knife

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don’t need a torch as I have quite a few already, but after having read this I’m gonna look at the emisar

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can anybody recommend a flood light for lighting up nice big warehouses for photos?

tigger

mog
Regular User
Can anybody recommend a flood light for lighting up nice big warehouses for photos?
Not really my field but in the absence of replies from the real experts on floods.....

Whilst the CN160 (and similar) designs are quite popular I find them bulky compared to more recent designs. Recently I've been using a couple of Suptig waterproof examples. These are less bulky and price-wise similar to what the CN160s were 18 months ago. Being waterproof makes them far more flexible (and is almost essential for my use). A single 'hobby' flood is unlikley to give good lighting in a large warehouse type space. Having a few and placing them some distance in front of the camera but behind pillars will likely be better but obviously extra stuff to carry. None have the 'punch' of a torch and the light drops off very quickly at distance (as you'd expect and can be good or bad depending on what your goal is!).
No shortage of much more powerful professional kit around but there's a big jump in costs and weight.

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
Yeah the CN 160 while good is a bit old now and is quite bulky. I've got 2 I still use but they take up a lot of room in my camera bag. Either look at a more modern sized video light as Tigger is suggested or look at using a decent torch to light paint a large space over a long exposure.

I'm literally writing up the 2020 guide as we speak so I'll make sure to include some good options for this!