real time web analytics
Question - - Torches - Suggestions | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Torches - Suggestions

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Instead of asking loads of individual people and going through reviews I'm gonna ask here and see what happens.

Been needing to get a new torch for explores especially in dark areas but more for lighting images when natural light, a 30 second and 1000 ISO exposure doesn't quite cut it.
My last one was relatively cheap from amazon, really bright but was crap for photographing anything and it met its demise when I lost it.

Also I'm probably aware this type of question has been probably been proposed before. Might be asking a bit much, but the end question is what's the best value torch for this hobby?​

chills

Queller of the uprising

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
In my unprofessional camera expertise I've found you need a lamp for photos and a torch for searching.
A torch for photos will not normally light evenly enough and can often give you a hot spot.
My pics aren't anything to write home about but I do explore at night and have found a decent led inspection lamp has been more than adequate, these led lamps made for photography must be pretty good.
Keep an eye on led colour, some are warm and some are clinically white.

The torch thread will give more pointers on exploring torches for you.