real time web analytics
Report - - Tour du Belgique - November 2011 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tour du Belgique - November 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

m9

big in japan
Regular User

be-lgflag.gif

with Illogical/Tweek/Oldskool

4 Days, 1500 miles, and very very little sleep.

It wasn't that long ago that I can remember peering over an out stretched euro roadmap, scratching my head and saying to my co-conspirators with a slight tone of incredulity… "How many locations…?"
I am now in a transit van, hurtling down the M6 at 2am to catch the first chunnel to Calias for a monster road trip around the great country of Belgium. With around 15-20 locations lined up over the 4 days, it was going to be a big one.
Here is the story, in pictures, of our little holiday:

Massive thanks to Illogical for this one! You are owed BIG TIME - get yourself over to the UK and we'll return the favour :)

EVCB

belgique1.jpg

The first thing we decided to do when we got to Belgium was head for a little bit of local history and culture, and where better to do that than a museum! The CEFB power plant boasts its own exhibition detailing the history of power distribution in Belgium and made for a throughly interesting afternoon. The museum was very hands on, and to get in they made you go through a real power station. Even though this wasn't the tourist attraction, I thought it would be a nice Idea to take a few pictures, and my friends decided to do the same. I was just about to begin photographing, when I heard what sounded like the wrap of gunfire!

CLACK!!CLACK!!CLACK!!CLACK!!CLACK!!CLACK!!CLACK!!

Picking myself up from the dust, it took me a moment before I realised.. . we were on holiday with the HDR squad.
It sounded like the battle at f-stop ridge.

belgique2.jpg

belgique3.jpg

belgique4.jpg

belgique7.jpg

belgique8.jpg

belgique9.jpg

belgique10.jpg

belgique11.jpg

belgique12.jpg

evcbpano.jpg

EVCB Museum

belgique15.jpg

After a little while we found the museum itself.

belgique16.jpg

belgique17.jpg

It must have been their lunch hour, as there was no staff around to assist us with the entrance or to help explain some of the fantastic exhibits that were on display.

belgique18.jpg

belgique19.jpg

very convenient parking though..
belgique13.jpg

Maison de Amen Re

belgique20.jpg

We looked and looked for the gift shop but it was closed. After this disappointment, we took it upon ourselves to find an example of real Belgian living but got lost on the way and ended up in Ancient Egypt.

belgique23.jpg

belgique22.jpg

amenrabroom.jpg

Red Star Museum Crane
Back in Belgium, 2011, we drove to the humble city of Antwerp to have some drinks and to charge my batteries. We looked and looked for a plug socket but the only source of easily accessible electricity we could find was up a long yellow ladder:
belgique24.jpg

belgique25.jpg

belgique26.jpg

After trekking all this way up and down, we eventually found power right next to our van in the car park. Ahh well.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details