real time web analytics
General - - Tower Colliery, Glamorgan. 360° Video & Stills, May 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Tower Colliery, Glamorgan. 360° Video & Stills, May 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WelshDesolation

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As @WhoDaresWins recently did a report on this beautiful derelict monument to Welsh mining, I'll keep it brief and post images from area's they didn't get to. I've been waiting for the right day to go up here for a long time and today just happened to be that day!

After an initial "eek" at the caravans and running generator, we ventured in and had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon exploring. Even rocked out the 360° camera

9MMEdWy.jpg

q3mPoC3.jpg

0vGF1nf.jpg

8g2yHOK.jpg

Vz6gjXa.jpg

TXuCI75.jpg

TFF1zGZ.jpg

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great 360 tour, is that a Ricoh Theta camera? The one shot 360 cameras are getting better and much easier than 10 picture stitching that I normally use. Using the new youtube hosting is great too.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Nice to see some recent photos of the bath house. Shame we missed out on it really. Thanks for sharing!

WelshDesolation

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to see some recent photos of the bath house. Shame we missed out on it really. Thanks for sharing!
the floor in the main room is starting to sag in the middle and fair few cracks forming, the wife didn't want to walk on it as she's witnessed a concrete floor go before but I wanted to get to the bath house! We nearly bailed earlier than you guys did as heard a vehicle pull up, left it 10 minutes and ventured back in.

WelshDesolation

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great 360 tour, is that a Ricoh Theta camera? The one shot 360 cameras are getting better and much easier than 10 picture stitching that I normally use. Using the new youtube hosting is great too.
Yeah the theta S. Best application i've used it so far is wrestling, but it does provide a handy look around for abandoned places. I would do video rec, but having me in shot would spoil it in my opinion.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details