real time web analytics
Report - - Tower Wood Mine - Surrey - August 2016 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tower Wood Mine - Surrey - August 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It isnt gatton park or gatton bottom. It is tower wood quarry/mine, a completely separate mine from the other two

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They are all in the area 'Gatton' if thats what you mean, there are about 5 others in the area a couple of which are inaccessible now. Please read through info before making confusing statements. I know pretty much all of the workings in the area very well and which one is which.

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate hadn't realised this one had gone up..another of the many surrey mines that doesn't see a lot of footfall,wcms is good like that ;)

Cheers man :thumb We certainly don't hang about, wcms must love me, probably get a message from them asking to join them in guided tours soon o_O

R_yoda

Like a cat on a fence....
28DL Full Member
..This is Gatton Park Mine , the other entrances are under the golf course me thinks ....Firestone was quarried here from 1809 - just like in Godstone Mines..
This one is "Tower Wood Pit "
I can assure you this is tower wood, the gatton series of workings lies further east by about half a mile. Very near to the golf course yes

Mr Mayagee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry ( Nightwalker ) wasnt trying to dump on anyones parade or confuse the thread ! :) much repect for finding & getting in !
Was just trying to help with the info on Gatton which I found online while having a squizz over lunch time cheese & pickles ...

" Its Tower Wood " .. agreed ..

I Should of started out " cool pics !! " heres some info i found on line .on this hope it helps ! :)

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry ( Nightwalker ) wasnt trying to dump on anyones parade or confuse the thread ! :) much repect for finding & getting in !
Was just trying to help with the info on Gatton which I found online while having a squizz over lunch time cheese & pickles ...

" Its Tower Wood " .. agreed ..

I Should of started out " cool pics !! " heres some info i found on line .on this hope it helps ! :)

Its silentwalker but near enough :thumb no worries matey, the place is riddled it can get confusing what is what ;)