real time web analytics
Report - - Train Carriages - Rotherham - July 2010 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Train Carriages - Rotherham - July 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Franky_Family

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
An abandoned set of train carriages less than a half mile outside the town of Rotherham. They sat on a disused piece of track.

GEDC0052.jpg

GEDC0054.jpg

GEDC0055.jpg

GEDC0056.jpg

GEDC0058.jpg

GEDC0060.jpg

GEDC0062.jpg

I saw the decay on this wooden footplate and experimented with this interesting angle.

GEDC0065.jpg

GEDC0067.jpg

the disused and overgrown stretch of track where the carriages stood. About fifty feet down it joined the main line. Trains roll past it all the time.

GEDC0071.jpg

An old chair in the guards room covered in rags, and I think a tire, for some reason.

GEDC0073.jpg

GEDC0079.jpg

GEDC0081-1.jpg

GEDC0085.jpg

GEDC0087.jpg

GEDC0088.jpg

GEDC0090-1.jpg

GEDC0092-1.jpg

GEDC0095.jpg

GEDC0097.jpg

GEDC0099-1.jpg

Who leaves a fire extinguisher behind? I know taking souvenirs is frowned on and I wouldn't do it. But I was tempted in this case. Didn't though. It would just be and interesting thing to keep.

GEDC0100-1.jpg

GEDC0101-1.jpg

That upholstery has to be a good indicator how old this train is. Ugly pattern like that has to be from the 80's at least.

GEDC0102.jpg

GEDC0105.jpg

GEDC0111.jpg

GEDC0114.jpg

Jakesjukebox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great little report. Any hints as to where abouts in Rotherham this is? Our little team are keen to visit

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
If it's still there 9 years later, I wouldn't be too hard to find. There can't be that many disused lines within half a mile of Rotherham and you will be able to find maps of all the disused lines.

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great little report. Any hints as to where abouts in Rotherham this is? Our little team are keen to visit

I can tell you that these are no longer there. These were on sidings along a busy line, there are plenty more though a little further up.

Jakesjukebox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers guys. I had a scour on Google maps, you can usualy tell the old lines pretty well from Arial photos but I've followed all I could spot and found no carriages maps. Ya I guessed they'd probably have been scrapped by now but thought it was worth a shot. If anyone would like to give us any hints to the locations of the ones futher up the line itd be mutch appreciated. Hoping to get out Friday and try out a few Leeds I've got anyway so could take a trip up there aswell.

Who has read this thread (Total: 178) View details