Web
Analytics
Report - - Tranno Farm, Breage, Cornwall - October 2020 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tranno Farm, Breage, Cornwall - October 2020

Ordinary-Walrus776

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A early-mid 19th Century Grade II Listed Building that's located quite literally in the middle of farmland; There's no roads or lanes leading to this house - just a muddy farm track. No one has lived in this house for approx. 30 years and the last known tenants to have lived here were Samuel Matthew and brother James, both farmers in Breage. 14-year lease from 13th March 1878.

Ordinary-Walrus776-1.jpg

The majority of the buildings are boarded up, but access can still be gained through windows. Of the main house, the stairs have been removed - either they became too unsafe or that they didn't want anyone going upstairs of risk of injuring themselves. Of-course, I went upstairs (with lots of effort) and there wasn't much up there to see - had to call a friend to show up with a ladder so I could get down without breaking my leg.

Ordinary-Walrus776-2.jpg

I spoke to the landowner before attending, despite her saying that I'm able to access the property through a window on the far right. Someone has since removed bordered up door. Allowing easy access inside. Out of the 4 buildings (not including the shed of the roof that's fallen in) this building is the most interesting. Though, 99% of belongings are now gone.

The Missing Stairs:

Ordinary-Walrus776-6.jpg

As you enter the house, you're greeted by this. The missing staircase. Of which myself and friends managed (with great effort) to get up. Despite the upstairs being very strong - there was nothing of interest up there. Apart from many twigs from birds nests. It looks like the roof is maintained though.

The Living Room:

Ordinary-Walrus776-5.jpg

The chimney seems to have collapsed in and brought the fireplace down with it too. The wallpaper (that's left of it) lots of it reminds me of a teenagers room wallpaper about 10 years ago. It had a blue background with dashes of lines over it. You can see it directly above the fireplace.

Another Living Room? Bedroom?:

Ordinary-Walrus776-3.jpg

The fireplace still is intact of here. However, many floorboards are missing. There's no basement, but foundation with lots of large rocks. Looks like there used to be a picture or mirror above the fireplace.

The Kitchen:

Ordinary-Walrus776-4.jpg

On the left, there is red wallpaper with hunting scenes on (horses and dogs) - but it's layered with other outdated wallpaper. The stoves are still here, though the blue one in front, I find it hard to believe that that's where it originally was? There's a little cupboard on the left, and shelving on the right - nothing of interest from the bottles on the shelfs.

One of the cattle sheds:

Ordinary-Walrus776-7.jpg

This shed is located at the far right of the location. This was a difficult building to enter, the top floor was basically caved in but the ground floor showed plastic bottles from around 2002. Maybe this building was still used around there, or maybe people passing used this building as a bin?

Porthleven Gala Week:

Ordinary-Walrus776-8.jpg

Pinned up inside, is 'Third Prize' certificates from Porthleven Gala Week. Dated: Saturday, August 7th 1948. I believe it was for rams, from what I've found around the shed. This farmhouse is located on a sheep farm so that would make sense, possibly?

Attachments

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Good effort on your 1st report. I like the explanations of each photo, gives a real guide to the place. I love the look of this stone farmhouse and flag stones on the kitchen floor. Features people take for granted.

Well done & welcome to 28 dl. :thumb

Last edited:

Ordinary-Walrus776

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort on your 1st report. I like the explanations of each photo, gives a real guide to the place. I love the look of this stone farmhouse and flag stones on the kitchen floor. Features people for granted.

Well done & welcome to 28 dl. :thumb
Thank you! I have tried my best with the report, as I look forward to being an active memory of 28DL. It's a very interesting house, I wish I knew more history about the place but very little people even knew it was here. There's very little history about.

pirate

Rum Swigger
Regular User
Nice report........I wonder if this is on the market,there’s a similar one in Camelford that A friend is trying to buy at auction at end of this month.

Ordinary-Walrus776

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report........I wonder if this is on the market,there’s a similar one in Camelford that A friend is trying to buy at auction at end of this month.
The property is owned by solicitors, and from my understanding they never sell properties/land they have. Only lease. What's a shame as I'm sure no one would lease it when they've got to spend quite a bit doing it up.