Web
Analytics
Report - - Trefor Quarry - North Wales - 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Trefor Quarry - North Wales - 2011



The Cat Crept In

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
#1
Located at the top of a steep incline, a long derelict quarry building built in 1923. Such an imposing structure from the village of Trefor.

A granite quarry, 'Trefor granite quarry' or the Yr Eifl quarry opened there in 1850. The industrial narrow gauge railway—Trefor Quarry railway—opened in 1865 and brought rock from the quarry to the coast, but was gradually replaced by road transport and was finally closed in 1960. Trefor granite is used to make curling rocks.

Wales22134.jpg



Wales22068.jpg



Wales22069.jpg



Wales22063.jpg



Wales22066.jpg



Wales22115.jpg



Wales22116.jpg



Wales22123.jpg



Wales22075.jpg



Wales22076.jpg



Wales22131.jpg



Pier to load stone onto ships.
Wales22101.jpg



Wales22080.jpg



Wales22102.jpg


Thanks for looking...
 

Attachments

Similar threads