real time web analytics
Report - - Trentham Estate (various buildings) July 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Trentham Estate (various buildings) July 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Siren

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Trentham Estate (gatekeepers house and conservatory), Stoke On Trent

Visited with a non forum member

There is some information about the Trentham Estate HERE, although I havent been able to find any information on the buildings in this report. They are located on the Trentham Estate, and I have been told that the ruined house is the old gatekeepers house and the other one was a conservatory/summer house.

I never normally visit somewhere without any prior research, but I was up visiting a friend in Stoke On Trent over the weekend and they told me of a couple of abandoned buildings nearby. Having never gone exploring themselves I felt at liberty to take their proverbial urbexing cherry. So ten minutes later we were on our way to these two locations!

The first abandoned house was completely trashed (just the way I like them!) and totally overgrown. This is where being small and agile comes in very handy, after my 6ft odd friend got entangled in the shrubbery.

DSC02822copy.jpg

DSC02837copy.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02841copy.jpg

DSC02857copy.jpg

The conservatory was a nice find. Small but not disspointing. *ahem* After ten minutes I was warned by a worker on the estate that the concrete floors were liable to collapse at any moment, plunging me 16ft to my death, or at the very least a trip to A&E. So in pure urbex style I made my apologies, ensuring him I would leave quickly.....only to continue my photography before running away a lot like Brave Sir Robin....

DSC02870copy.jpg

DSC02875.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02818copy.jpg

DSC02866copy.jpg

DSC02869copy.jpg

DSC02876copy.jpg

Still, I hope you enjoy them! If anyone has more any information on these places please post it :D

Thanks for looking at my report, GIEF ME COOOOOOOOOOOKIES. :thumb

xMatherZz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting stuff, I know it's a bit late now, I live in the area and am thinking of checking this out soon.
Thanks for the post :)

djph.photography

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos :cool: I live nearby but didn't know there were abandoned buildings, how did you get to the buildings? tia