real time web analytics
Report - - tripe factory,july 2014 burnley , lancashire | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - tripe factory,july 2014 burnley , lancashire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
tripe 011.JPG
tripe 012.JPG
tripe 013.JPG
tripe 014.JPG
tripe 015.JPG
tripe 016.JPG
tripe 018.JPG
tripe 019.JPG
tripe 020.JPG
tripe 021.JPG
tripe 022.JPG
tripe 023.JPG
tripe 024.JPG
tripe 025.JPG
tripe 027.JPG
tripe 028.JPG
This has been on my to do list for years as I originate from burnley and have seen this place on numerous occasions but just never though to urbex it until I got into it properly:(. The main building was a tripe processing plant:turd and there are a few out houses left showing signs of major fire damage, the council demolished half of the tripe works back in the nineties as it was unsafe so the access to the upstairs has gone but theres still a little bit to see there are loading doors onto the canal and a crane lift on the roof so maybe they shipped it out onto boats back in the day? The factory was owned by ralph mason ltd and was part of the bigger ucp group who had factories and restaurants across Lancashire im unsure of when the building became derelict as I cant find any info on it but I have a source who says it was the early 80s.
tripe 002.JPG
tripe 004.JPG
tripe 006.JPG
tripe 007.JPG
tripe 008.JPG
tripe 009.JPG
tripe 010.JPG

Attachments

• tripe 003.JPG
    tripe 003.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 131

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
no cant find a single thing ive google the hell out of it all I know it was owned by ralph mason and the ucp group who were quite prevalent in Lancashire for there offal factories like the tripe works ect they went bust ill keep looking and post some if I find any:thumb

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
Sorry state of affairs that!

yep would of thought some history would be recorded somewhere ive found the chap they called ralph mason , he was a burnley lad lived and died here but died a bachelor gives his old home address and birth/year of death but not a scrap of history on the factory ive found one black n white image of what it looked like on google images and that it:banghead

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
tripe.png
this is when they built the fly over at burnley in the sixties top left of pik you can see ralph mason tripe factory

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Looks a nice little mooch, glad you're getting the hang of attaching files now. Couple of the shots look HDR'd, which is something I wouldn't recommend. But good work on the report :thumb

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
Looks a nice little mooch, glad you're getting the hang of attaching files now. Couple of the shots look HDR'd, which is something I wouldn't recommend. But good work on the report :thumb
I must admit at this point id only been into photography about four months I had my new camera and some nice editing suite and got a bit giddy with the effects looking back I now realize there a bit of a mistake so these old urbexes will mostly look the same but the ones I have planned this year will be a little more professional looking :thumb

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
I must admit at this point id only been into photography about four months I had my new camera and some nice editing suite and got a bit giddy with the effects looking back I now realize there a bit of a mistake so these old urbexes will mostly look the same but the ones I have planned this year will be a little more professional looking :thumb

Personally, the only editing I do is put a border on and straighten the pics up if they're wonky(which they usually are:cool:).
But good exploring though and with time you'll get the jist of this exploring malarkey. And don't take any criticism personally, take it constructively and you'll be fine :thumb

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
Personally, the only editing I do is put a border on and straighten the pics up if they're wonky(which they usually are:cool:).
But good exploring though and with time you'll get the jist of this exploring malarkey. And don't take any criticism personally, take it constructively and you'll be fine :thumb
no probs all critism welcome its helps us learn I suppose

Pest

Read comics and sleep all day, = no worries
28DL Full Member
I like the graffiti in the no.6 picture! :D

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
nice report (getting a little close to HDARRRRRRRRGH, me thinks ... :D ) :thumb

Lancashire lad

28DL Full Member
yeh its a nice bit of unfinished graff , @Cuuvin yeh I went mad with tone mapping when I started with the new editing suite don't worry I soon learned my lesson