real time web analytics
Report - - Trowse Pumping station. Norfolk. June 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Trowse Pumping station. Norfolk. June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
A day spent just checking out leads for new sites with @Spark , and we decided to swing by here. We had looked plenty of times in the past to no avail. Not expecting much we walked around to the door even though we spotted 4 men looking at the building and were pleasantly surprised when we saw that the back door was wide open, with only my camera tripod and 35mm lens in my hands we nipped in quickly and took a load of photos. We then heard voices getting close, so not wanting to get locked in we made our way out, to be asked the usual what you guys up to. 2 minutes later the guy was cool with us being there, so I hurried back to the car to get more camera gear and carry on shooting away. About an hour later the owner needed to lock up, so we left happy at the fact that a site I had wanted into for a number of years had now been ticked of the to do list... And also very happy to be heading home for a shower to get rid of the stench of pigeon crap.

History
A single red brick pumping station built around 1909 he work with the Rivers Wensum and Yare. It has workers cottages next to it that are in a very traditional Victorian gothic style. It finally stopped working when a newer more complexed site was built to the South East of the site just a little further along the river. Many of the great features of the site have now sadly started to go due to vandalism and natural deac, but the current owner of the site is now looking to sort out the site and get some sort of use out of it

_MG_4484_zpsxo0rztjt.jpg

_MG_4482_zpscponxrhk.jpg

_MG_4480_zpsnhsdpjsu.jpg

_MG_4478_zps0igemsvk.jpg

_MG_4473_zpsftv9lvsh.jpg

_MG_4472_zpsgtod4h3u.jpg

_MG_4470_zpstxbuiukr.jpg

_MG_4469_zpst0w3on0m.jpg

_MG_4467_zpsakc4ytds.jpg

_MG_4466_zpsefjtkgcu.jpg

_MG_4463_zpswbknixnc.jpg

_MG_4462_zpsujbdsy32.jpg

_MG_4461_zpswakah4hq.jpg

_MG_4459_zpsaejpko5w.jpg

_MG_4458_zpskx42anxv.jpg

_MG_4457_zpsh8d8a26d.jpg

_MG_4456_zpsbi5iwagm.jpg

_MG_4454_zpslkcktztf.jpg

_MG_4453_zpspb5lt5zc.jpg

_MG_4450_zpsifobkfcv.jpg

Cuuvin

28DL Colonial Member
28DL Full Member
:thumb a proper ol' site! Nice pics & doesn't seem to be in terrible shape. particularly like the shot up the chain hoist. Props to the owner for allowing ya to stay, a rare bird indeed :D

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
would be cool to "chuck a bucket of water" over the glazed bricks and tiles