real time web analytics
Report - - Trowse Pumping Station - Norwich 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Trowse Pumping Station - Norwich 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jal1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History:

This tall red and black brick building was constructed in 1865 to 1871 by Bazalgette to pump sewage from the North and South Interceptor Sewers to Whitlingham Sewage farm. It was known as Trowse Pumping Station, and also pumped into the adjacent river using three beam engines. The works were fed by gravity, and the pumps were used for ejection onlly.

The system was abandoned when New Mills Station opened in 1899. Trowse station was modernised in 1910 when Whitlingham sewage works replaced sewage farm, and again in 1961.

First explore in a good few years with another fellow explorer @d3stasucks :)

Headed to Trowse on Saturday after seeing a couple of reports on here from a few years back, wanted to see the condition of it now and get some more photos as I live very close by!

As we got there it was getting dark, and with being told the neighbours around the station were not the most welcoming we snuck round until we were covered by the overgrowth!

It is not in the best of states with most windows smashed and then either covered or bricked up, no access points that we could find apart from to a loo!

Managed to get some photos, not the best mind as I was using my phone... (will be investing in a camera soon!)

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0349.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0357.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

jal1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The door underneath the sign was padlocked shut, with a pretty newish looking lock - not sure if stuff is still stored in there!

Wibz

28DL Member
28DL Member
You can actually get inside this, I went recently, and it has some very interesting things inside, such as, old paperwork, books and machinery, plus old army stuff.

Definitely worth snapping some pics there.

My only warning is there was quite a few wasps floating about so be careful!

d3stasucks

28DL Member
28DL Member
Amazing seeing such a historical building!
Shame we couldn't get inside!
I've added some extra pictures - we will def be going back!

IMG_0840[2].JPG
IMG_0839[1].JPG
IMG_0830[1].JPG
IMG_0835[1].JPG
IMG_0837[1].JPG

jal1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You can actually get inside this, I went recently, and it has some very interesting things inside, such as, old paperwork, books and machinery, plus old army stuff.

Definitely worth snapping some pics there.

My only warning is there was quite a few wasps floating about so be careful!

Oooh! I guess we didn't look hard enough! Would be interesting to get inside, would love to see that stuff!

Jackdaw47

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Since this was a pumping station way back when! Could there be any pumps laying around stuck in a corner???

CinematicBrown

28DL Member
28DL Member
Is it still worth checking this site out..I recently did a cinematic video of the Mitchell's yard..check it out -
Want to do something similar here at the pumping station .just concerned there might be squatters or alike as I want to go a bit more on the lighting side and being by my self lugging a few lights there I don't wanna get jumped and robbed ?????

Who has read this thread (Total: 235) View details