Web
Analytics
Trying to get more into urbex exploration, in Reading | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Trying to get more into urbex exploration, in Reading

pickle1973

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
me and my friends usually go to this one Abandoned place by Fobney Lock, its an abandoned pumping station, close to Whitley, you can get to it many ways. i might post a thread on it soon i just need to find some photos of it, besides that one place, i dunno a lot of other places :/ nor any one in my age-range to go there with, (age range, im a teen. i dont want to go with a 20 yr old, that would just be a bit weird and make me very paranoid) id like to make some new friends to go to these places with :) and anyone who knows some hidden gems, send me a message? im going to be posting everywhere i go, do some research into it and educate people on it, because until i found this site i found it really hard to find any places to go, i thought why not make it even easier and post abt it, for the other people in Reading :) i sound so awkward im sorry haha, but if anyone wants to explore with me then hmu x

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the site! I’ve removed details/suggestions of the access from this post. Asking for ‘hidden gems’ as you put it doesn’t usually go down too well. Get some reports up and people may be more willing to share and meet up. As for the age worry, I wouldn’t worry, we’re all nice people when you get to know us. I’ve met various people of all ages and locations. If you can get over it, I’d bite the bullet as this may hold you back if you only explore with your age group.

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions!

Last edited:

pirate

Rum Swigger
Regular User
Damn and I was going to offer to take you to all the epics.......but alas I’m middle aged so may be a bit weird ;)

If you’re a teen it would probably be better if you went with a trusted older person.......much easier to deal with security/police/landowners

pickle1973

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Damn and I was going to offer to take you to all the epics.......but alas I’m middle aged so may be a bit weird ;)

If you’re a teen it would probably be better if you went with a trusted older person.......much easier to deal with security/police/landowners
its not that i personally dont want to meet up with someone older its just i need like validation they arent a pedophile or anything, i have super paranoia meeting up with ppl i dunno so its just the matter of getting to know them

chills

• Chief Noob Wrangler •
28DL Full Member
its not that i personally dont want to meet up with someone older its just i need like validation they arent a pedophile or anything, i have super paranoia meeting up with ppl i dunno so its just the matter of getting to know them
I understand the paranoia associated with “meeting people from the internet” as such. As you say, get to know them, but equally yourself you need to get some reports up and document explores so people know you’re as genuine as themselves.

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
Meet a group to be safer.
A teen is quite broad from 13 - 19, i agree a 13 yo meeting up with an unknown 50 yo could be of concern but a 19 yo meeting a 22 yo not so much.
Get together with some experienced people and ignore their age, you would be pretty unlucky to find a group of exploring pedos.

pirate

Rum Swigger
Regular User
nah I totally agree with you......works the other way too..........years ago I agreed to take a female member on here round millennium mills in London................I had a massive freak out thinking she may be really young and all the things that could imply........turned out she wasn’t much younger than me so all good.

But as said by Scooby try and go in a group and don’t act like twats and you should be all good

pickle1973

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Meet a group to be safer.
A teen is quite broad from 13 - 19, i agree a 13 yo meeting up with an unknown 50 yo could be of concern but a 19 yo meeting a 22 yo not so much.
Get together with some experienced people and ignore their age, you would be pretty unlucky to find a group of exploring pedos.
now that you put it as exploring pedos ig i understand lmao, im 13 tho :/ so even if i wanted to explore with someone older its if they want to go with a teen :((

pickle1973

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
13 is very young for what we do. There is also the little problem of the law and minors. Do some local stuff if you can with some mates and come her back when you're 16 and join the fun. You can still use the place to find stuff near you.
okay thanks x its just that i was hoping to make some mates on here as no one i know is up for it lmao, and im not great at finding local places, even using this site i find it difficult :/ i know what you mean tho

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
You are always very welcome to ask for advice on something. Its just not many of us would be prepared to explore with someone of your age for the reasons stated so finding people to explore with is not going to be easy here but do stick around and enjoy the site. We're quite a friendly bunch all things considered and I know I was certainly kicking about in dodgy old derps at your age. I also remember what its like to be 13 and it feeling like you cant do anything cos you're not quite old enough yet. It sucks.

If you want some adventure you could always ask your parents to look into caving clubs or climbing clubs in your area. maybe not up your street but those two hobbies will give you a massive skillset for what we do and will put you in very good stead once youre a bit older.

Hope that hekps :thumb

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
Now we've some perspective.
Unfortunately as said you are a bit young for most of us to be taking out but it doesnt stop you getting into the hobby.
Permission visits of air raid shelters or mines are very safe to do but still exploring, ease into some easy local stuff and you may meet others in your age group.

Youve shown more initiative than most your age and you've turned to us for help so i feel you've got your head screwed on and things will work out for you.
Were here to help all we can and youre most welcome to post your exploits up, it doesnt have to be the latest hospital of prison to close down, you can have just as fun in a local petrol station or somthing.

Be safe, if it doesn't feel right walk away.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There's some good advice in this thread which pretty much covers everything. As others have said you've shown more initiative in asking these questions than a lot of full grown adults do right after they've joined.

There aren't many people on here who I think would feel comfortable taking a 13 year old out, not just from the whole look it may give out but also from the safety/responsibility aspect of it too. If something happened to you under the care of an adult it's them who are ultimately responsible for your safety and who can, in the most extreme cases or incidents be charged with child endangerment if the police ended up involved - and it also might lead to some awkward questions about what an adult is doing in an abandoned building with a 13 year old they met on the internet!

Keep browsing the forum, keep soaking up knowledge and you'll have a bright future ahead of you.