Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Tunnel near guide bridge station Manchester | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Tunnel near guide bridge station Manchester

Michaelc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys found a tunnel near to the station, just off the bank of the river tame whilst at work today. The guy I was with has been a bit down it a few years ago but it was flooded today when we went, plus we were at work so couldn't mooch around much, just wondering if anyone knows or has info what it was for, it was a curved brick tunnel and headed towards south street where I believe there was an aircraft bfactory during the war, anyy one have any more info? Cheers mike

Hidden

Get Fucked
28DL Full Member
Do you fancy sending me an email? I spent a few hours around guide bridge the other week, there are a number of tunnels in the forest at the far end of the freight yard but I am yet to venture in. Give me a shout, sounds interesting, email is below...

Michaelc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would these normally be higher up than the river banking? Probably about 10' or so? There was an old air raid shelter too but we didn't find that, but we also found a "crater" probably about 60' by 60' and about 30' deep down from surrounding ground level, there's a brick wall/supporting wall on one side of it too, someone's had a go at breaking through it but not got through. Think I'll have to get back and take some pics, and have a proper nosey, cheers mike

Michaelc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just replied but it seems to not have posted?
We also tried looking for an air raid shelter that's nearby didn't find it though as didn't have much time, but we did find a large hole about 60'x60' and about 30' deep with one side a brick wall, I'm really interested to know what it was. Cheers mike

lost boys

28DL Member
28DL Member
I
Hi guys found a tunnel near to the station, just off the bank of the river tame whilst at work today. The guy I was with has been a bit down it a few years ago but it was flooded today when we went, plus we were at work so couldn't mooch around much, just wondering if anyone knows or has info what it was for, it was a curved brick tunnel and headed towards south street where I believe there was an aircraft bfactory during the war, anyy one have any more info? Cheers mike
ve been to the boom shelter near big dicth