real time web analytics
Report - - Tunnel/sewer, Stalybridge | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tunnel/sewer, Stalybridge

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

B

BIOHAZARD

Hi
Some weeks ago Lazy1uk took a photo of this tunnel Stalybridge canal
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11568
Which I decided to go and explore so me and my mate set out and finally got there after a short 3 min journey on bikes.
This is the start of the tunnel
TUNNEL.jpg

TUNNEL2.jpg

Bit further back and keep going until we found:
SEWER2.jpg

It connected to the sewer!! :crazy But we didn't have wellies so we didn't go:crazy
SEWER.jpg

CONCRETEBLOCKS.jpg

To the left of us there was an opening and when we looked up-a tower!
TOWERENTRANCE.jpg

BIGTUNNEL.jpg

We managed to get to the top but I'm glad I didn't jump over-look how high it is:
TOWER.jpg

After this we were coming back out when-I stepped in shit or maybe it was mud but it stank horrible
MUDDYTRAINERS.jpg

I wasn't happy at that moment. :mad:
We had a look around and saw another small tunnel leading into the ground into a sewer but looked very small and stank
DOWNSMALLTUNNEL.jpg

This is some more pics of the tunnel on the outside-
TUNNEL-OUTSIDE.jpg

TUNNELOVERGROUND.jpg

I might go back with wellies and go up the sewer which looks fun or just leave it for someone else to explore!!
Well-what do you think-w0rth going back up or not??

B

BIOHAZARD

Re: Report-tunnel/sewer-stalybridge

I think it is definitely a sewer as there are sewage works across the river and it probably just connects to that but I don't think the main part (where I went in is a sewer) the stuff on my shoes is definitely crap as it smells exactly like it although there might be some rust. Here is a (rough) plan of what was there:
MAP_se-1.jpg

Hope it helps

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Hi
Some weeks ago Lazy1uk took a photo of this tunnel Stalybridge canal
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11568
Which I decided to go and explore so me and my mate set out and finally got there after a short 3 min journey on bikes.
This is the start of the tunnel
TUNNEL.jpg

TUNNEL2.jpg

Bit further back and keep going until we found:
SEWER2.jpg

It connected to the sewer!! :crazy But we didn't have wellies so we didn't go:crazy
SEWER.jpg

CONCRETEBLOCKS.jpg

To the left of us there was an opening and when we looked up-a tower!
TOWERENTRANCE.jpg

BIGTUNNEL.jpg

We managed to get to the top but I'm glad I didn't jump over-look how high it is:
TOWER.jpg

After this we were coming back out when-I stepped in shit or maybe it was mud but it stank horrible
MUDDYTRAINERS.jpg

I wasn't happy at that moment. :mad:
We had a look around and saw another small tunnel leading into the ground into a sewer but looked very small and stank
DOWNSMALLTUNNEL.jpg

This is some more pics of the tunnel on the outside-
TUNNEL-OUTSIDE.jpg

TUNNELOVERGROUND.jpg

I might go back with wellies and go up the sewer which looks fun or just leave it for someone else to explore!!
Well-what do you think-w0rth going back up or not??

It was used as a power line for the power station, don’t worry, it wasn’t shit on your shoes. The reason for all the rust is because all of the wires are still there, and it’s proper rusted up the mud

That second sewer looked cool, but it’s gone now

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
What are the concrete forms for? Cable runs maybe?
Yeah it was used to hold power cables. And it was actually used as a culvert for a few years after the power station was closed down, so that’s probably were the shit was from. It’s a shame that other ladder is closed up now