real time web analytics
Report - - Turner Brothers Asbestos & Textiles, Rochdale - Movember 2012. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Turner Brothers Asbestos & Textiles, Rochdale - Movember 2012.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Turner Brothers Asbestos & Textiles, Rochdale

Inc. TBA Ballistics/TBA Electro-Conductive/Telford Rubber

Ojay/TLR

1.jpg

With over 120 years experience, TBA is one of the worlds leading developers and manufacturers of high performance, industrial textiles for primary industries and arduous environments

TBA Textiles Ltd has been based at the Turner and Newall factory in Rochdale since 1875

The developer which owns the site told the firm they had to leave by May 2012

Rochdale Borough Council has earmarked the TBA site for 568 houses

The Rochdale factory was world's biggest asbestos plant

2.jpg

3.jpg

Apologies for the crap pics, (I'd left my fisheye on), I couldn't be bothered with a tripod either, so instead cranked the ISO up

(This place should be called CBA Ltd)

In all honesty the place is worth a closer look, it's massive and lots to see also access (for now) is pretty straight forward via some comedy climbs etc..

One more thing, beware the place is being rinsed daily by pikeys, although we didn't physically see any today we did hear them ripping the guts out of the place!

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Before..

12.jpg

13.jpg

After..

10.jpg
11.jpg

14.jpg

As much asbestos out on the roof as produced in the factory (CAREFUL WHERE YOU STAND) ;

15.jpg

'Flaps'

17.jpg

16.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

29.jpg
30.jpg

23_2.jpg

Not even half of the site!

24_2.jpg

TBA Ballistics

A local firm turning out protective clothing for the emergency services and armed forces

(This was proper interesting, plenty of stuff left over here from stab vests to Police uniform templates etc)

Pikey's were operating in this area, also I was too lazy to take many pics as I was far too busy poking through the tons of paraphernalia left behind

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

I'd like to have spent more time in here, but with pikey's in full force and losing light rapidly we had to bail, besides TLR has rabbits to feed, Enjoy!