Analytics
Two newbies | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Two newbies

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hello guys,

we are a youngish couple and becoming explorers,

we both are very new and yet to explore our first location, we are a couple, male is Richard 29 from Portsmouth, female is amber 26 also from Portsmouth.

we are very keen to start exploring and love the great outdoors hopefully you all will welcome us on board and hope to see some great venues very soon we will be as active as possible and will post all our adventures along with pictures and details.

not sure what else to write to be honest so if anyone wants to know anything just send a message.

kind regards Richard and amber

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
Welcome to the site.
Lots to do down south, I'm sure you'll both have a lot of fun finding them out.
I look forward to your first report :)

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
we got to find the locations first lol,
yeah we cant wait to give our first post
just a quick question and may be a silly question but do any of you guys get permission to explore a location or do you just go and avoid people lol

Scoobysrt

Stay in, save lives.
Regular User
If somewhere is totally locked up but the owners are approachable some people do ask, they are normally labelled permission visits on this site. To some it's sort of cheating and they would rather get in on their own merits although sometimes it's better to go in with a key than never at all.
In most cases the owners are not approachable and often unknown. If there is a way in you are trespassing only, trespass is not illegal in the UK it is a civil matter and unless it's a sensitive site anyone in authority will just tell you to clear off. They aren't allowed to touch you and they aren't allowed to keep you captive.

There's no need to draw attention to yourself that you're exploring, if somewhere is an easy entrance don't go looking for someone to ask if you can look round, just go do it.
If you're on public right of way and get challenged don't offer up that you're going exploring, if you have to say somthing (legally you dont) you just say your having a stroll.

Use common sence, don't make a spectacle of yourself, keep noise to a minimum and don't break anything.
I personally take pictures of every entry point I use, it may not have much weight but I've got some sort of evidence that I didn't break in. Walking through a door is the same as climbing in through an open window.

The best advice I can give is just give it a go, try the years old places first that everyone and their dog has trampled through and get your confidence up. When you feel happy with what you're doing you can move on to more recent places that hold a bit more of a challenge to get round then before you know it you will be stopping at every place you see when going anywhere and seeing if you can get in.
In the unlikely event of police turning up just be truthful, tell them you're taking pictures of the abandoned place, you didn't break in and haven't stolen or damagd anything. Any reasonable officer will ask your name and address and let you be on your way. Tellng the police your details is a double edged sword, in one respect if you get caught somewhere else it's on the database you've been caught exploring before so your current predicament gets a bit more weight to it when explaining again your just taking pictures. On the other flip side it's on their database that you've been caught in an abandoned building before lol.

Always try the floors before you put full weight on them, if a floor is springy or spongy think twice about going across it, be careful.

I'm waffling so I'll end this post. Give it a go, be careful but don't over think things, it's a problem I have myself where I worry so much about going in some places when I finally give it a try I wonder what the issue was.

Explorercouple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
we got to find the locations first lol,
yeah we cant wait to give our first post
just a quick question and may be a silly question but do any of you guys get permission to explore a location or do you just go and avoid people lol
If somewhere is totally locked up but the owners are approachable some people do ask, they are normally labelled permission visits on this site. To some it's sort of cheating and they would rather get in on their own merits although sometimes it's better to go in with a key than never at all.
In most cases the owners are not approachable and often unknown. If there is a way in you are trespassing only, trespass is not illegal in the UK it is a civil matter and unless it's a sensitive site anyone in authority will just tell you to clear off. They aren't allowed to touch you and they aren't allowed to keep you captive.

There's no need to draw attention to yourself that you're exploring, if somewhere is an easy entrance don't go looking for someone to ask if you can look round, just go do it.
If you're on public right of way and get challenged don't offer up that you're going exploring, if you have to say somthing (legally you dont) you just say your having a stroll.

Use common sence, don't make a spectacle of yourself, keep noise to a minimum and don't break anything.
I personally take pictures of every entry point I use, it may not have much weight but I've got some sort of evidence that I didn't break in. Walking through a door is the same as climbing in through an open window.

The best advice I can give is just give it a go, try the years old places first that everyone and their dog has trampled through and get your confidence up. When you feel happy with what you're doing you can move on to more recent places that hold a bit more of a challenge to get round then before you know it you will be stopping at every place you see when going anywhere and seeing if you can get in.
In the unlikely event of police turning up just be truthful, tell them you're taking pictures of the abandoned place, you didn't break in and haven't stolen or damagd anything. Any reasonable officer will ask your name and address and let you be on your way. Tellng the police your details is a double edged sword, in one respect if you get caught somewhere else it's on the database you've been caught exploring before so your current predicament gets a bit more weight to it when explaining again your just taking pictures. On the other flip side it's on their database that you've been caught in an abandoned building before lol.

Always try the floors before you put full weight on them, if a floor is springy or spongy think twice about going across it, be careful.

I'm waffling so I'll end this post. Give it a go, be careful but don't over think things, it's a problem I have myself where I worry so much about going in some places when I finally give it a try I wonder what the issue was.

Thank you very much for your reply I never knew that trespassing on its own isn't illegal I thought it was still an offence, we did think about the older stuff first but most people have ruined it with stupid graffiti and normally smashed the place up, it just ruins it for people who just want the challenge of exploring.

our dream is to find a place that not a single person has been in for hundreads of years but then again I guess that's every explorers dream isn't it lol.

such a shame Portsmouth or local surrounding areas doesn't really have much of the old times locations like other posts I've been watching on YouTube, some of them look amazing places to visit.

once again thank you for your detailed reply very much appreciated.

barryphop

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I’m new here to and this is really helpful. Thanks