real time web analytics
Report - - Typhoo Tea Factory, Birmingham July 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Typhoo Tea Factory, Birmingham July 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanCameraMan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So here is a pretty interesting one, we managed to get ourself locked in!

So when the day started off we wasn't entirely sure how to get in however after going round the perimiter there was an open gate as the area outside the building is actually a private carpark. Note for later that this gate is the only way in and out of the factory. Once through the gate ( It's always open during the day) we just had to walk to see an open door right in the centre of the building, so we went through there and went straight to the outside. Where we could go up the stairs.

As we worked our way down the floors they were all the same really, just large empty spaces where the production line would've been. We did manage to get onto the roof and so we took some pretty cool photos up there but nothing too interesting, its just your typical old factory.

Heres where the fun begins though. As we leave we go out the door and there are now no cars in the car park ( We spent a lot of time taking photos and eating so roughly 5 hours had passed) and it didn't click at first but then we saw that the gate. The only way in and out of a factory surrounded by a canal. Was locked and had barbed wire on top of the fence. We went back in and searched for other ways out to no success and then we came upon an old rickety wooden ladder that did not look safe, and a large container. We decided that it was this or nothing so we carried them both outside and first ( genuinely ) tried to see if the container would float in the canal as a raft to which it sunk, so now out only option was the ladder. There was a small wall right next to the locked gate so we put the old ladder on the wall and the loghest one of the group tested it out and as she went up she noticed that the end of the barbed wire had actually come loose so we managed to move it out the way enough for her to completely get over the wall and get to the other side, we all did this getting a few nicks and minor cuts from the barbed wire but after about an hour of trying we were all out of the building. The last one to get out ( me ) was to tall to be able to properly turn and slide down the fence so we had to pick up the lader and bring it over to the other side for me to then climb down it. Eventually we threw the ladder back over into the locked carpark ( After all we weren't there to take stuff ) and we all left there.

For some of the group it was the first time visiting an abandoned building so it was a pretty good first site and the incident at the end was definitely a good experience,

Until the next one.

- Cameron.

20180624_165907.jpg

20180624_165911.jpg

20180627_115606.jpg

20180627_115624.jpg

Snapchat-288510385.jpg

Snapchat-589081921.jpg

Snapchat-769790726.jpg

Snapchat-1422508941.jpg

Snapchat-1989285631.jpg

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Is part of the factory still in use by someone? Whose were the cars and who locks the gate I wonder.
It's always good to get your blood going from time to time lol.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is part of the factory still in use by someone? Whose were the cars and who locks the gate I wonder.
It's always good to get your blood going from time to time lol.
No the fscrory is fully abandoned and the car park out front is free parking and back car park is same I think and the fscrory is changing into university campus soon I think

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I’ve been trying to get in it for months now but is always tightly shut and I’ve been here 8 times before but wanted to
Do video in there

Frothy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello I'm a new member. I have done a little urban exploring in the past. It has always fascinated me so when my 17 year old grandson told me he got into the old Typhoo factory and asked me to have a look, of cause I accepted. I had a fantastic hour in there, not bad for a 69 year old.