real time web analytics
Report - - Typhoo Tea Factory, Birmingham | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Typhoo Tea Factory, Birmingham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TudgeJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
On Thursday 22nd March I took a trip down to Birmingham mostly to see what range of Derelict properties I could find, but also to find the Typhoo Tea Factory which I had largely anticipated. Passing through the Digbeth area the amount of properties didn't disappoint- the variety was endless.

Finding the Tea Factory was simple, a clear ghost of the past of what was a busy factory. Old advertising boards and shattered windows litter this building, a huge empty space.

After scouting around the area, no clear "safe" way into the building disappointed me, but I enjoyed the visit thoroughly- the windows were broken enough so that I could see inside (images to follow). The small chimney room can be accessed as of recent but signs of the homeless here makes it a risky place to photograph!

I would recommend you guys visit the Digbeth area of Birmingham! Thanks for reading the report.
IMG_7724.JPG
IMG_7725.JPG
IMG_7726.JPG
IMG_7727.JPG
IMG_7728.JPG
IMG_7729.JPG
IMG_7730.JPG
IMG_7731.JPG
IMG_7733.JPG
IMG_7734.JPG
IMG_7735.JPG
IMG_7736.JPG
IMG_7737.JPG
IMG_7738.JPG
IMG_7739.JPG
IMG_7741.JPG

TudgeJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Totally agree! Some really interesting places to visit around that area- need to go back soon to photograph/explore what else there is to offer!

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh Digbeth is a great area for a mooch about even if you don't get in anything.. keep trying the tea factory. Access comes and goes.
Yeah me and my friend tried tea factory last week and it’s not accessible have u Tried the back yet on Pickford street and we have been in there before too

SadlerWells

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I promised the view from the canal. At the end of May, we squoze our narrowboat past the metal barrier into Typhoo Basin (it's official name in boating guides). Here are the photos taken from the boat. I've taken a lot of old industrial Brum which I'll post at some time when I get a decent wifi connection.
IMG_5431.JPG
IMG_5424.JPG
IMG_5425.JPG
IMG_5427.JPG
IMG_5428.JPG
IMG_5426.JPG
IMG_5429.JPG
IMG_5430.JPG

Last edited: