Web
Analytics
Question - - ultra wide lens advice nikon fit | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - ultra wide lens advice nikon fit

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
Morning all,
anyone got any reccomendations for a decent ultra wide lens without breaking the bank? less than 20mm preferably, yeah i know i could go and read every photography review and comparison on the internet about ultra wides but id reather hear real life opinions from people doing the same kind of photos as me, low light, tight spaces, grotty locations etc etc. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, except silly advice telling me i need a 3k 15mm zeiss lens or something stupid like that, value for money is the aim of the game here please, thank v muchly for your time ladys and jellyspoons.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I was lucky enough to get a sigma few years ago cheap or I wouldn't have bothered the glass isn't great.

The Tokina is much better quality.

If full frame try the 14-24 or 16-35

The latter isn't as wide as the 10mm dx or the 14mm fx

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Sigma 10-20 is a class peice of glass, slightly wider than Tok. Much better lens. Get one second hand

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Sigma 10-20 is a class peice of glass, slightly wider than Tok. Much better lens. Get one second hand
Much better lens? Than what? The only thing the Sigma is better at is being exponentially slower.

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Yes, for what we do here the Sigma is better. Who cares if it's slow, I only use it on f8on a tripod. Even 2.8 is pretty usless, you want fast, use a prime. It's also slightly wider and cheaper. Ergo, better imo

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Plus one for the Tokina here, i found the barrel distortion on the Sigma cringeworthy. And I'm used to shooting fisheye...