Web
Analytics
Wanted - - Ultra Wide Lens for Canon | Items for Sale / Items Wanted | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Wanted - Ultra Wide Lens for Canon

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a FULL FRAME lens with canon mount. must be ultra wide. Preferred would be sigma or Canon L. Let me know what you have!

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Can recommend the Sigma 14-24 F2.8 not cheap but well worth the investment if you can get your hands on one.

Last edited:

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can recommend the Sigma 14-24 F2.8 not cheap but well worth the investment if you can get your hands on one.
Looks good that! Been struggling to find a focal length i want. Looks much cheaper than the 11-24 L i was looking at!!

AndyK

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
I've used the Canon 16-35mm L lens for years and love it. Not quite as wide as those mentioned above, so depends how wide you want to go really. I've tried the 11-24 but wasn't all that keen on the results.

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm currently using canon 8-15mm L fisheye. Its okay but you have to do some correction if the fish eye effect is not wanted, all just a bit of a pain so looking for a non fish. I really like the wideness of the fisheye but the clarity of the lens is not the best, especially around the edges and its super bad in low light

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
One of my mates got an Irix Blackstone 11mm f/4 recently for his 5d, it’s ridiculously wide and great quality. They do one called Firefly as well, same optics just in a plastic housing so a bit cheaper. If I had full frame I’d be rocking this lens on the front for sure. One day....

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of my mates got an Irix Blackstone 11mm f/4 recently for his 5d, it’s ridiculously wide and great quality. They do one called Firefly as well, same optics just in a plastic housing so a bit cheaper. If I had full frame I’d be rocking this lens on the front for sure. One day....
Too much money for a lens without Autofocus IMO, also looking for a zoom rather than a prime i think :)

derelictth92

Has a weak spot for staircases
28DL Full Member
For non ue stuff I've got a 11-24 L series it's fantastic

For the ue I only brave my backup camera crop camera with the Canon 10-22mm

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I'm using the Canon EF 11-24mm f/4 L USM on a full frame and happy with the results, a lot wider than a 10-24mm on a cropped sensor.

jST

LLS.
Regular User
I used a 17-40L for quite a while, was cheap as chips at about £300 second hand, really good image quality too.

Upgraded to a 16-35 MK2 about 5 years ago and I still use it with a metabones adapter on a Sony - would 10/10 recommend.

Tentacles

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've got three good 'uns that are available, all in great condition and these have had very little use :

Canon EF 16-35 2.8 L 2 USM
Canon EF 14mm Prime 2.8 L 2 USM
Canon Fisheye zoom 8-15mm 4 L USM

All cracking gear for wide angle.

Contact by PM if interested and I'll send photos and we can take it from there.

Reason for selling is that I'm knocking on a bit and am using my Huawei P30 Pro phone more than my Canon gear so am willing to be more than reasonable in the pricing department. :cool:

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I've got three good 'uns that are available, all in great condition and these have had very little use :

All great wide angle lenses for a full frame, also be good on a cropped sensor especially if your considering going full frame in the future.

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Contact by PM if interested and I'll send photos and we can take it from there.

Reason for selling is that I'm knocking on a bit and am using my Huawei P30 Pro phone more than my Canon gear so am willing to be more than reasonable in the pricing department. :cool:
oooo the 16-35 interests me. I already have the 8-15mm and love it.