real time web analytics
Report - - Under Parr, Bury - 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Under Parr, Bury - 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I was in the area with TunnelMon after looking at a nice clean culvert so we checked out this CSO to get our hands dirty.

It's a fairly standard CSO chamber that serves a smallish sewer and outfalls to the Parr Brook. There's an Archimedes' screw processor which is less common than the conveyer belt type screens found pretty much everywhere else. Other than that, there's not much to say.

23692645554_70c346cb51_b.jpg

24294555536_75d83ecb51_b.jpg

23692495354_b4665c8d34_b.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Looks like it's seen some flow last month or so with this crazy weather

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That grill looks disgusting, it's all these bloody floods
Good to see some Bury stuff though :thumb

Moose

My name is Jeff
28DL Full Member
You could almost chew on the stench in the air! It was nice to get back out again, there was a severe lack of drains this winter

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Interesting crazy paving style concrete on that outfall platform - looks like it needs a patio set and barbecue.
They'd have been better off putting in a few churn blocks judging by the serious quantity of water this thing ejects!

It amazes me how ineffective so many of these CSOs are at screening jam rags etc. Millions of pounds spent on all these AMP projects and there's still tons of French letters and pussy napkins adorning branches of trees overhanging brooks and rivers.

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That outfall would result in a page 2 story and outrage over here, eeew!
And yeah the paving is a little out of place.

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
@concreteJungle - I'll look forward to it. Nothing nicer than a good meal with the smell of 'fresh in the air! :)
@Ojay - I almost had a patio paved with poop a couple of years back when the drain in the back garden got blocked. Had to make an emergency purchase of drain rods.