real time web analytics
Report - - Underground boating - Castle Moat Bristol 03/10 - Updated & extended trip! - May 2012 | UK Draining Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Underground boating - Castle Moat Bristol 03/10 - Updated & extended trip! - May 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Re: Underground boating - Castle Moat Bristol 03/10 - Updated & extended trip! - May

Nice to see UR doing UR bit for the Jubilee with those Union Jack boats - Lol!
Fantastic report mate.

The union jack one was the earlier report from 2 years ago - it's still going strong, but as my 'reserve' boat now.

anubis

28" Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Underground boating - Castle Moat Bristol 03/10 - Updated & extended trip! - May

Nice mate.
Fascinating place in there by the looks of it though.

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member

The very best regatta location is a short way back up the river :)

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member

The very best regatta location is a short way back up the river :)

How far we talking? - I reckon this one is still a front runner:

lt1.jpg

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member

Brotherload would be good - the problem with a lot of the boating locations is parking.

Shocktictacs

Put it in me.
28DL Full Member

Brotherload would be good - the problem with a lot of the boating locations is parking.

For brotherload, park up nearer to staples or something, and drop in from that end. Next to the Titanic infall and head upstream, with a boat or on dryland by foot.

spungletrumpet

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yes I need that updated version of the challenger 200, be fucked if I'm blowing up armbands with Spungletrumpet :rolleyes: :p:

Man up FFS... :D

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member

For brotherload, park up nearer to staples or something, and drop in from that end. Next to the Titanic infall and head upstream, with a boat or on dryland by foot.

yeah - it's abandoned canal tunnels we've done where you couldn't get away with a mass gathering.

Degenatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Excellent report. It looks like great fun. I enjoyed reading it.

dave29

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

hahaha loved this! great report

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member

Re-did this one by Kayak a week or two back - no particular hassle getting the boats down/up the penstocks.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member

Good work, my brother tells me fondly when he did this with the scouts about 30 years ago. That now makes me feel old.

Bloomers

28DL Member
28DL Member

Love it! i was wondering what to do with the 2 man dingy ive recently aquired...

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Always a good day out under there. The whole floating harbour is interesting really, must do another day out there on the kayaks.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Funny seeing this, I've just kind of got back into doing a bit of river mooching in the past few weeks.

I really enjoyed that evening, would be grand to do it again and take a ride down the fast flowing bit!