real time web analytics
Report - - Underground cellar/obelisk, High Street, Bristol - Dec 2019 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Underground cellar/obelisk, High Street, Bristol - Dec 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Beeler

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice pics. Bristol was a medieval city, with timbered buildings until the blitz of December 1940. This is one of the old cellars belonging to the corner house now long gone. I lived in Bristol for a few years and always wanted to see inside. Many thanks!

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Nice pics. Bristol was a medieval city, with timbered buildings until the blitz of December 1940. This is one of the old cellars belonging to the corner house now long gone. I lived in Bristol for a few years and always wanted to see inside. Many thanks!

Thanks for the info :)

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
that looks like something I'd imagine to find described in a Dan Brown novel, or see in a Indiana Jones movie. Could it have perhaps been an old ice house, for storing things like cheese/milk?

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
that looks like something I'd imagine to find described in a Dan Brown novel, or see in a Indiana Jones movie. Could it have perhaps been an old ice house, for storing things like cheese/milk?

It's possible - I read it was used for storing wine but that could not be the case!

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, does have the look of a wine cellar about it also. Very interesting location, I would imagine bristol must have a lot of this stuff, what with being a major port and all that.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Yes, does have the look of a wine cellar about it also. Very interesting location, I would imagine bristol must have a lot of this stuff, what with being a major port and all that.

Agreed. There's probably a lot that we don't even know exists! Makes me excited to even think about it :p

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am also interested in stuff that is hidden in other coastal places like Blackpool and Liverpool. Are there no explorers based in either of the pools on here, who can crack some of the underground beasts? (when this is all over, of course!)

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
I am also interested in stuff that is hidden in other coastal places like Blackpool and Liverpool. Are there no explorers based in either of the pools on here, who can crack some of the underground beasts? (when this is all over, of course!)

Are you sure? I'm certain there are a few in Liverpool at least. Definitely lots in Manc anyway. As for Blackpool, there will be a few I'd be willing to bet!

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Seffy you are right, but I asked someone who started a thread about some older u/g blackpool stuff, to go and take some topside snaps around manchester square or even go in the outfall, but nothing came of it, alas.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
@Seffy you are right, but I asked someone who started a thread about some older u/g blackpool stuff, to go and take some topside snaps around manchester square or even go in the outfall, but nothing came of it, alas.

I guess I can't answer for someone else, but sometimes if you haven't met someone in person then they'll be reluctant to share information with you. It's just the way the cookie crumbles in this game, I wouldn't take it personally or anything

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair does, I am not overly far away so might take a look for meself topside, once all this has blown o'er.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member

If this is the case there must be other old cellars next to this one unless it was a house on its own.

Who has read this thread (Total: 589) View details