real time web analytics
Report - - Underground cellar/obelisk, High Street, Bristol - Dec 2019 | Underground Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Underground cellar/obelisk, High Street, Bristol - Dec 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Fair does, I am not overly far away so might take a look for meself topside, once all this has blown o'er.

Wasnt it Blackpool that has rumours of the current town being built on top of the old town and those in the know have accessed the sub levels which are supposed to still be intact?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, I think that is the case, there was a report here which had some doorway and a tunnel, but it seems if there are blackpool based explorers on here, they have not got a report up on it. Shall see what happens after this blows over.

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Yes, I think that is the case, there was a report here which had some doorway and a tunnel, but it seems if there are blackpool based explorers on here, they have not got a report up on it. Shall see what happens after this blows over.

People often don't post reports these days - doesn't mean it hasn't been done though.

bloodklaat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If it was a cellar of a medieval house destroyed in the Blitz, how do you explain this deep shaft with the iron stairs? It's neither medieval nor built after WW2. Looks XIX century to me.

Reactions: Alx

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always wondered what was under there, but the doors always been locked every time I drove past it

i was told it was used to store wine as apparently Bristol was one of the main imports for wine and under there was perfect temperature to keep it stored, if you look along the river you can see an opening which the boats use to load the wine through

apparently it leads all under town and comes out on broad weir

thats the story I’m told to believe anyway lol

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for that photo, fascinating. Bristol looks to have a lot of cool underground stuff!

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Always wondered what was under there, but the doors always been locked every time I drove past it

i was told it was used to store wine as apparently Bristol was one of the main imports for wine and under there was perfect temperature to keep it stored, if you look along the river you can see an opening which the boats use to load the wine through

apparently it leads all under town and comes out on broad weir

thats the story I’m told to believe anyway lol

I'm told that hole in the wall doesn't actually lead anywhere - and this is coming from people who have actually been into it!

Johny Vaults

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice to scratch that itch. Pretty cool arches. Your probably right on storage but who knows. Nice one. Strange obelisk though, I wonder if theres a second blocked off entrance?
i think you might be right, if you look at the 2nd to last photo you can see what possibly is a pair of air vents towards the top of the bricked section.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
i think you might be right, if you look at the 2nd to last photo you can see what possibly is a pair of air vents towards the top of the bricked section.
Yep and I know of a place similar that use to store alcohol for the local pub, a very old pub and the tunnels lead right under the road to the pub from 2 rds away.

Who has read this thread (Total: 589) View details