real time web analytics
Report - - Union Carbide - 9/12/06 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Union Carbide - 9/12/06

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

M

mini

Visited with Unscene24,

Went in the hope of seeing the wellfare block and engineering block that we missed the last two times due to getting busted, i thought 3rd time lucky would do it...

We got to the entry and i was shocked, the big warehouse that suffered an arson attack was gone, so were the small buildings on the right hand side (including my favorite one - the power distrubution, with all the dials), and some other warehouses. Much of the scrap metal had been removed.
My hopes dropped like a lead ballon.
We walked down through the site having a another look inside the remaining buildings. Then there was the proof, a huge pile of lockers, that was it i knew straight away. We walked down toward the wellfare block and saw that it was half demolished - gutted, just a little too late :( .
Anyway we sneaked into what i presume was the engineering block, saw a machine that looked like it was used for testing load or tensile strength of material. On the way up stairs we heard loads of activity, looked through a crack, the air-soft dudes were there in the camo gear. Some guys that looked like pikeys along with kids, some car removal wagon guys, the place was heaving with activity.
We made our way upstairs and saw the fume extractors, then out top through the fire doors. Had a quick look around the huge silo building, and called it a day at that. Would have liked to see the huge building right at the bottom, but it looked like it was well secured and used to store huge cylidrical silos.

Dont think it will be long now untill the whole lot is gone, so if you really want to see what is left, be quick.

The small concrete buildings gone
_MG_7582-01.jpg

Some stuff left by the airsoft guys
_MG_7584-01.jpg

The lockers stripped from the welfare block
_MG_7586-01.jpg

_MG_7587-01.jpg

The huge silo
_MG_7588-01.jpg

Is this inside the engineering block? Or a different building
_MG_7589-01.jpg

Fume extractors
_MG_7590-01.jpg

_MG_7591-01.jpg

_MG_7593-01.jpg

_MG_7594-01.jpg

_MG_7597-01.jpg

Thought this looked like a space invader
_MG_7600-01.jpg

Tried a zoom burst on the space invader (quite like the effect)
_MG_7601-01.jpg

Got a bit giddy with them in the low light
_MG_7604-01.jpg