real time web analytics
Report - - Update: Indorama polymers /Eastman blow-down, Workington. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Update: Indorama polymers /Eastman blow-down, Workington.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

lonsdale

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The death of one of my favourite local buildings, ( the size of it, you didn't have much choice but to like it..)
(Courtesy of D Hughes demolition.)

Commissioned in the late eighties, initially as Eastman Kodak co & later acquired by Indorama ventures.
This imposing plant has dominated the Siddick skyline for almost dead on 30 years.

Producing around 160,000 t pa of PET granules. mainly used in the forming of plastic bottles & the like
Alas however, the rise in Asian production efficiency of PET products (causing a surplus in the markets) meant the production halving & then the eventual mothballing of the plant back in 2014.

The final decision was taken by Indorama NOT to restart the plant in late 2017, with demolition commencing shortly after..

The plant was mainly known for its impressive light show at night (mainly on the roof processing level) visible from Silloth & across the water in Scotland (someone has a pic on flickr I believe

DSCN0859.JPG

DSCN0950.JPG

DSCN0959.JPG

DSCN0952.JPG

Last edited:

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
The death of one of my favourite local buildings, ( the size of it, you just had to like it..)
Courtesy of D Hughes demolition.
this needs to go in info as it is not a report and thats the first time i have seen vimeo i thought that was just what kids used to watch pirated shows.

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Hey mate, well done for getting out there, but as said above, it’s info rather than an actual Site Report. Don’t let it put you off exploring other stuff though :)

And to add, Vimeo is pretty much YouTube for professionals as it’s pretty limitless, where YouTube has lots of limits etc.

lonsdale

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey mate, well done for getting out there, but as said above, it’s info rather than an actual Site Report. Don’t let it put you off exploring other stuff though :)

And to add, Vimeo is pretty much YouTube for professionals as it’s pretty limitless, where YouTube has lots of limits etc.
Naa, sorry I’m done! Thanks anyway , always been interested in this, but the fact I am an amateur & trying to contribute in some form only to be told it’s a waste of time in such a sarcastic way..(not you) I’ll leave it to the ‘professionals’

Last edited:

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
I really wouldn't let the 'amateurish' comment put you off, the poster has been a member for 12 years yet has only posted 30 times. The regular guys here will give genuine feedback and it is worth sticking around if you really are interested.

Cant guarantee that you won't get the sarcasm though. ;)

Landie_Man

"Landie" or Harry
Regular User
Naa, sorry I’m done! Thanks anyway , always been interested in this, but the fact I am an amateur & trying to contribute in some form only to be told it’s a waste of time in such a sarcastic way..(not you) I’ll leave it to the ‘professionals’

We’ve all been there matey. We’ve all had shit like it. It’s called “drama llama” here

Who has read this thread (Total: 150) View details