real time web analytics
Report - - Upperby TMD - Carlisle - Nov,5,09 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Upperby TMD - Carlisle - Nov,5,09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

clock34

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
While up in Carlisle i noticed a old dis-used building, after doing some research i found out it was Upperby TMD. and decided to bear with the rain and have a look inside....

I Have not been able to find much history on the site unfortunately, all i know is from looking at the place it was used as a train inspection warehouse and next door a few slip ways for storage. (please correct me if i am mistaken),

so for the pics.

Upon entering the place i saw how large the buildings were and it is clearly visible how overgrown the storage area has become, with nothing but a few tailors left here (which all look pretty new).

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

At the end of the storage slip roads were small control panels. does any one know what they would be used for?
DSC_0076.jpg

Moving my way into the inside of the building i noticed the amazing windows, for some reason i REALLY like the way the sun shines through them.
DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Most of the rooms were flooded due to heavy rain or had evidence of small fires, the relatively dry rooms all resembled this one.
DSC_0071.jpg

Now around the corner and into the second part of the building.
This spade was placed just right to get knocked on the way in making a massive sound, luckily there was a train passing by and i got away with it :-)
DSC_0090.jpg

Navigating the buildings was easy due to the fact most of the larger doors have been knocked off, allowing easy viewing of the scale of the site.
DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

Stoppers at the end of the rails inside. these rails are the isnpection pits. One about three feet deep the rest roughly two feet, there are four pits running the length of the building in total.
DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

Reaching the opposite end of the place you get to the massive wooden doors, "Slide to open"
DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0129.jpg

Now to finish off a overall shot of the length of the building....
DSC_0138.jpg

And of course, a random chair!
DSC_0141.jpg

Cheers For Reading..
Steve-|-Clock34

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details