Web
Analytics
URBAN EXPLORER'S PROJECT (2018) | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

URBAN EXPLORER'S PROJECT (2018)

hannahc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Dear Fellow Urban Explorers.

I have previously done some urban exploration in my time where I have visited various places scattered across East Sussex. I have not been to many but I can ensure you that I most definitely miss it. I am aiming to get back into the swing of urban exploring. I no longer know of any explorers as I now live in Essex/London area. I am looking for people as a buddy up. I studied Fine Art and took a strong interest in the aspect of decay and entropy. Why these spaces once had thousands of people running through them to just turn to a space which lies within the periphery of society.

I am now studying my Masters Degree in Social Anthropology and am looking to take my interests further. I enjoyed walking into these spaces as you almost get a feeling that your walking outside of reality as these spaces are something that has been taken/disconnected from reality. I am looking for Urban explorers like yourselves to gain more of an understanding as to why you do it. I am aiming to do my dissertation on Urban exploration so any input would be highly beneficial.

I would also like to apologise to the admin for not having much input to the site, my images are all on 35mm camera and I am a bit of tech idiot who lives in a darkroom. I managed to scrunch up a pretty shoddy website of my artwork please take a look (plasticfeed.wordpress.com) if you are at all interested. Also, do not hesitate to contact me if you would like some input on my dissertation project and also to take a few epic photos together.

All the best,

Hannah

Attachments

ragnamith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Heya,

I live in South East London myself and am looking to get back into Urbexing after taking about half a year break. Am also kinda looking for new people to do it with as some of my older friends gave up on it due to being too busy.

Your interest and description of the whole exploring experience sounds fascinating honestly. I personally do it for this extremely difficult to describe feeling of freedom, it would be cool to talk to somebody about this some time. Unfortunately a lot of people I've explored with often do it for the edginess, or the breaking the rules part.

Anyways let me know what exactly it is you're looking to do, maybe see if we don't live too far apart and perhaps think of a place to visit.

hannahc

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am very sorry pepperplant. I am far too poor to afford a car. Anyway, ragnamith. Thank yo so much for your response. I don't have any issues with the idea of people doing it for the edginess or breaking the rules part. I guess these forms relate to the whole freedom aspect of it itself and everyone has different reasons for doing it which is why I find it so fascinating. But I think I understand what you mean. I would really like to meet up for an exploration of some form?

ragnamith

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh no, I don't really have an issue with it, but it's just different from how I feel about it. So yeah that sounds interesting, I'm curious what kind of exploration you got in mind, but anything personal like time and location etc I'd rather not post publicly if you don't mind?

Dunlin explore

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi there i have only just started exploring, i am based in essex and would like to also buddy up with someone! and reading what you have put i would like to go exploring im actually in a place called rayleigh if you know it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Taliesin Bourne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Taliesin Bourne I used to live in Hastings so I have been to quite a few sites that were around that area :) Most of the ones I went into have been demolished now though. I can let you know when I am down that way if you would like? @Dunlin explore @Aaronkahl I vaguely know Rayleigh... Drop me a pm and we can arrange something :)
Hi yeah that would would be good.

Richie C

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm from Eastbourne, know a few places too. Give us a shout if you wanna explore. Soon I will try set up a group in East Sussex so a few of us can go to awesome places (got some boring friends lol) together, I havent documented anything yet but will very soon :)

goatsofwrath

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm from Eastbourne, know a few places too. Give us a shout if you wanna explore. Soon I will try set up a group in East Sussex so a few of us can go to awesome places (got some boring friends lol) together, I havent documented anything yet but will very soon :)
Hey there, I'd love to come along as well! Haven't really met anyone round here that likes urbex and it isn't the same on your own :)