real time web analytics
Report - - Urbex in Cuba: Havana Train Wrecking Yard | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Urbex in Cuba: Havana Train Wrecking Yard

• Thread starter thirtyfootscrew
  • Start date

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T

thirtyfootscrew

NOTE: this is a version of the original post on Sick Britain urbex blog.*

I just got back from a trip to Cuba where I spent a couple of nights in Havana before going to a beach resort for a much more traditional holiday and I thought I'd share my mini-urbex outing I had in the city. *Aside from trying to get a feel for the place and doing the touristy-type things I also took a little walk with my camera during which I came across a corrugated iron enclosure, my urbex-based 6th sense made me think "hmmm... I wonder what's in there?" and I navigated round to the entrance.*

It turned out that the yard was full of wrecked, rusted and derelict trains, most (if not all) having been made in America in Philadelphia's Baldwin Locomotive Works or the Vulcan Iron Works in Wilkes-Barre, PA. *After I spent a little while wandering around the yard the owner (or at least keeper) of the place turned up, a lovely old man who rents out the space not filled by trains for use as a car park. *The man (whose name I couldn't quite understand) spoke no English but proceeded to show me around the yard pointing our the ages on the trains, most of them seemed to have been made around 1920 but one was as old as 1873.

Here are a handful of shots that I took in the yard...

train1.jpg

train2.jpg

train3.jpg

train4.jpg

train5.jpg

train6.jpg

train7.jpg

train8.jpg

train9.jpg

Kreeftje

28DL Member
28DL Member
wij gaan volgende maand naar Cuba en ik zou dolgraag deze treinen zien, heb je misschien een adres voor me? dat zou super zijn

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Het spijt me te zeggen dat deze plaats niet meer bestaat. Er is echter een treinmuseum in Havana waar de herstelde treinen eindigden

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details