real time web analytics
Report - - Usine de Differdange, Luxembourg 2012 & 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Usine de Differdange, Luxembourg 2012 & 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Usine de Differdange, Luxembourg 2012 & 2015

Digging in the crates.

Here’s an old one from Luxembourg, visited twice, once in 2012 with James, Thompski & RJ and the other occasion, the 13th of November 2015, the day of the Paris Terror attacks with George, the day after not being a great day to be in France…

This is the derelict part of ArcelorMittal’s steel operation in Differdange, mainly comprising old blast furnace gas > power machinery and some more modern steam turbo stuff too.

The subject of both visits was to get into the massive turbine hall, 2012 we only managed the more modern and pretty poor boiler house. 2015 was more of a success and we also uncovered a wonderfully ruined pump house whilst crawling about to find access to the main event.

Apparently there are plans afoot to turn this into a museum and rightly so.

https://luxtimes.lu/archives/24264-energy-museum-to-highlight-luxembourg-s-industrial-past

This is the first report I’ve posted in years so hope it turns out OK.

BKzlX.jpg

BK3Fi.jpg

BKDJI.jpg

BKjWc.jpg

BKeOt.jpg

BKK2b.jpg

BKh6p.jpg

BK2v5.jpg

BKLjF.jpg

BK5k2.jpg

BKUJE.jpg

BKaan.jpg

BKip3.jpg

BKmFs.jpg

BKI8D.jpg

BKqAY.jpg

BKOvk.jpg

BKyzo.jpg

BKnVW.jpg

BK1OJ.jpg

BK9kP.jpg

BKtGL.jpg

BK8aS.jpg

BKQAR.jpg

BKrpQ.jpg

BKp7K.jpg

BKl88.jpg

BKPzv.jpg

BKTY1.jpg

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
The gas engines here are pretty impressive, but it's nice to see a lot more of the old decaying pumphouse which often gets overlooked.

Reactions: jST

Conrad

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Awesome, like some nice photogenic industry. When I went here a year or two ago I remember popping a PIR halfway down the hall! Like you said it looked like they were turning it into a museum with placards and stuff.