real time web analytics
Information - - using a carbide lamp. | Carbide Lamps | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - using a carbide lamp.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Nice bit of info there also worth noting a bit of brillo pad in the bottom of the lamp stops premiers pulsing on start up.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
I tried gauze top and bottom on a big arras and it didn't help at all.

Thats strange wonder if it just works for the premiers as it sorted mine out straight away but i also started breaking the carbide into smaller pieces so could be that as well.
Think the pulsing is that the water does not distribute enough to keep the gas flow up.

d86

ian beal's twin brother..
28DL Full Member
Think the pulsing is that the water does not distribute enough to keep the gas flow up.

i think you are right on that.

the brillow pad act's as a restictive filter,
basicly allowing the gas to acumilate more in the pot giving a better more consistant flow through the body then out the jet,pulsing is caused by a inconsistancy in flow,caused by the way the reaction between the carbide and water work's,

so adding a filter helps.
a premier should be fitted with a felt (type) filter in the top anyway.they are still showing as available @ cavingsupplies (but didn't someone say they are having prob's with premier parts...??)

so if you can get one for a premier it will fit all the helmet type lamps,(at least all the 5 different makes i have had).

hope this helps.

t...:)

d86

28DL Full Member
also heard of someone putting a scotch pad on top of the carbide to assist in water distribution.

i could see it could work...but.. will be a pain to clean out...and on the small lamps the water droper nearly sits on the bottom of the pot.

i have a scrap premier if anyone needs parts..(scrap because the last owner never cleaned it out afer using...carbide sets like concrete..).

t...)

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
also heard of someone putting a scotch pad on top of the carbide to assist in water distribution.

i could see it could work...but.. will be a pain to clean out...and on the small lamps the water droper nearly sits on the bottom of the pot.

i have a scrap premier if anyone needs parts..(scrap because the last owner never cleaned it out afer using...carbide sets like concrete..).

t...)
Yes mate how much you want for it as i need a few bits off it.

d86

28DL Full Member
sorrydhl got that wrong it a justrite not a premier.
yours for a £10 if your interested.

if you were good at cleaning then it could be a good light.
and the belt clip is leaking water from the tank.so needs soldering.
finally the main jet is blocked.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
sorrydhl got that wrong it a justrite not a premier.
yours for a £10 if your interested.

if you were good at cleaning then it could be a good light.
and the belt clip is leaking water from the tank.so needs soldering.
finally the main jet is blocked.

Dam thats a shame never mind cheers anyway mate.

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
I bought this one off some wide-boy on a site called 28something....

DSC_1815.gif

... despite that it seems seems to work though :rolleyes:

Cheers D86 :thumb

.​