real time web analytics
Report - - Velociraptor, Manchester - September 2018 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Velociraptor, Manchester - September 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Found in north Manchester, this CSO outfalls to the Prestwich Clough Brook. At first sight the grille appears to be locked shut, however on closer inspection it would seem that the padlock is there to make it look locked more than anything else.

image.png

image.png

A short crawl up some 3' RCP takes us to the overflow chamber.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It appears that overflowing storm water is filtered through a row of steel mesh, while solids are moved across to one end by an Archimedean screw and deposited back into the combined sewer.

image.png

image.png

The interceptor sewer behind metal scumboard.

image.png

image.png

Gully to outfall RCP.

image.png

Last edited:

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The name has been changed (since this morning?), and now the cat has been let out of the bag, so to speak :D:p I knew it looked familiar, even when it was in the other thread. An uncle of mine lives in the parish (posh I know!) so knew I had laid eyes on it before, but I actually had it pegged in being in the north of BOLTON :oops:eek:_O. It has been listed by the EA as one of the UID's in the north west, and the brook name is mentioned also.

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Nice one fella. That crawl over or under them rags doesn't look very appealing but the rest does. Worth checking grills, doors, etc that look padlocked. More than once i've found the padlock slides right past or over whatever's supposed to hold it shut!

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wonder if they offer a cup of tea and a look over the plans, like it said they did in the anchorsholme park (blackpool) pdf. Wonder if they have any ginger nuts in the cupboard as well?:p

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
Definitely no ginger nuts, those cunts probably wouldn't even stretch to half a soggy rich tea.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That sounds grim snake oil, probably be cheap teabags from poundland or somewhere as well, not a good cup of pg tips or yorkshire!