real time web analytics
Report - - Velocity Tower - Sheffield August 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Velocity Tower - Sheffield August 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
This one has been on the cards for a long time now, wanted to do this at night but the opportunity has not yet arisen.

On the way back to the car from an explore earlier on in the day, the opportunity was there so we took it.

Looking up the gap in the stairwell we couldn't wait to get to the top so we got in the lift. However we went up to find we had been stumped at the very last hurdle and had to turn back, no roof top action this time :mad

The next floor down from the roof is also sealed but we managed to take a quick look on this floor. I would say this may be the penthouse but as I know they are looking at extending the height and adding more floors in future; this must be why its empty.

Hopefully we can get over that final hurdle in future but for now this is as close as we got.

History:

Velocity Tower is a development project currently under construction next to the Inner Ring Road in Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire, England, overlooking Ecclesall Road. The build is a continuation of a previous design to be built by Cala, titled 'Eclipse'.

The original plans for the site was for a single tower name Eclipse, the result of a project by Cala Developments and initially designed by Broadway Malyan. These designs called for a charcoal-grey cladded 22 storey tower with a 12 storey brickwork skin wing that was to provide 263 new apartments.

After successfully selling most of the apartments before construction began - Cala decided that the economic conditions were unfavourable and abandoned the scheme in 2005, causing concern among early investors by putting the land up for sale without a public announcement.

In December 2008, Velocity Tower - although unfinished - opened its doors to potential tenants. The tower currently has apartments to let on most floors, with the uppermost floors unfinished and a number of access points clad in white painted boards, rather than the glass panels of the remainder of the building.

On with the shots, sorry about some of the reflections from the glass.

Hope you all enjoy:)

_DSC1477_zpse75e3f9b.jpg

_DSC1468_zps9664ba2e.jpg

_DSC1466_zps1b9bc1f7.jpg

_DSC1467_zps15a2172f.jpg

_DSC1476_zps146faaaf.jpg

_DSC1469_zps8bef3349.jpg

_DSC1464_zpsd6c193db.jpg

_DSC1460_zpsa6b64f81.jpg

_DSC1463_zps567e69f3.jpg

Thanks for looking:)

Until next time..............

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well u Fookers :) :thumb

Impressive as always mate . Those rooftop shots look like artists impressions very nice indeed .......jealous :D

super nerris

On A Mission....
28DL Full Member
Nice work fella, actually saw a guy in day glo on top the other day. :thumb

Thanks mate, yeah I seen the builders up there the other week, work must be starting again, more floors please haha

I like it!

Thanks mate!!

Well u Fookers :) :thumb

Impressive as always mate . Those rooftop shots look like artists impressions very nice indeed .......jealous :D

Haha cheers dude!! Shame it had to be done through the glass, I well just have to wait for more floors to be added and try get back up there.

They are bloody great snaps there :thumb

Thanks pal!!

nice mate its about time this baby got cracked had my eye on it a long time nice work and good shots fella :thumb

Thanks a lot mate, yeah I know what you mean, this place has been bugging me too lol.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details