real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria arches / cathedral steps Manchester Nov 15 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria arches / cathedral steps Manchester Nov 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
@Lavino Good god the words in ya song choice fit perfect "Hang the dj" lol. Like the vid hate the song. Nice walk round m8ty damn cool for those that haven't/could not go in.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Probally not. But the song for that vid mmmm @Lavino maybe something a little more moody. After all it was ment for war. But loved the vid might give a few a better perspective on what its like.

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Lavino. Don't knock porcupine tree!
I had prince in the car for you this week. But forgot to put it on.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
@Nickindroy Jesus thx m8ty never knew that. The stories i allways heard was they built these bunkers under manchester during the manchester blitz. But by the time they where finished they realised they wouldent be deep enough to prevent anything has the bombs had improved. Something like that. Then they used them for cargo and stuff instead. Think the idea was that during war they evacuated people to the church because people felt safe there. And the safest place was under the ground etc. Thought thats why it was called cathedral arches cause the steps went to the church. But hey i do like that story its a damn good version of events and ya kinda burst my bubble now lol. Think it was during the second world war they where shelters not 100%

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
...they built these bunkers under manchester during the manchester blitz. But by the time they where finished they realised they wouldent be deep enough to prevent anything has the bombs had improved...

I think you're getting it mixed up with Guardian there ^^^ (same sort of thing, but built later than WW2)

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
I like a good over-lay.

Karachi%20Low%20Res0001_zps6bxghgio.gif

Your right there @Snake Oil, I recently read an article on the Guardian ( ta Nick )

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Yea like @Nickindroy said they where first used for cargo etc. Many many thanks that was some good yapping about history there proper liked that thx all.

FreshFingers

Choose life, choose tunnels
Regular User
That's part of the ethos of this site and UE in general I would say, keeping history alive :thumb Sounds silly, but I went to check on Tin Brook this evening ready for a job. I had a warm feeling knowing it was 'still there' :oops: