real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria Arches/Cathedral Steps Update - June 2010 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria Arches/Cathedral Steps Update - June 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
I do not think its a matter of IF the project gets underway in the Cathedral Arches area, but more of WHEN. The 'Irwell City Park' project has started, and admittedly is a little slower getting of the ground due to the recession, but will be completed. The main arches next to the river are planned to be glass fronted shops & cafés and some areas will be lost to concrete supports and others blanked off.

Progress is not always kind to history.

Coronation Street is due to move to TV City project in the Quays [Package 3] and Package 4b [Exchange/Greengate] which includes the Arches is still some way to go. The whole project is backed with 'The Big Lottery' Funding. and will speed up after the 2012 Olympics 'drain' on funds is completed.

buddah

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The whole of granada studios is moving to media city or just the street set?

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
As far as I know all of Granada Studios is moving to MediaCityUK

Salford Quays and MediaCityUK • Salford City Council

BBC
The BBC will move around 2,500 staff to MediaCityUK, which will involve relocating five London-based departments, along with all local and network broadcasting currently operating out of Manchester city centre.

A new jobs website has been launched to show the range of careers available at BBC North - sign up to be informed when jobs become available at the new BBC headquarters at Salford Quays.

ITV
ITV recently announced that their Manchester-based operations, including Coronation Street and ITV Granada regional news team, will be moving to MediaCityUK in 2012.

O

Oldskool

ojay your first visit when your legs better i wanna go down one last time ??????

2SD

28DL Member
28DL Member
Any chance I could join ya's?

Seeing pics of this made me intrested in urbanex

O

Oldskool

Any chance I could join ya's?

Seeing pics of this made me intrested in urbanex

urbex...took me 12 months to crack this place and all told i was shown by stepping lightly go down mate have a look do some research

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Some of the underground stuff in Manc is what got me' into it.

I explored with mates long before I had a camera and joined the forum.

It would be rude of you not to visit some stuff first and post some reports.

A bit of simple research should help you find summat to start you off :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Fair enough, well I'll be out and about eventually, will prob bump into you soon enough

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
I need to do the arches and some stuff mahchester way inc roof tops and drains might have to head that way soon as looks good.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I need to do the arches and some stuff mahchester way inc roof tops and drains might have to head that way soon as looks good.

Get over here when I'm walking, you can crash over and we'll meet up with some peeps

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Get over here when I'm walking, you can crash over and we'll meet up with some peeps

Sounds good mate thanks,Think we have been saying this for over a year lol but defo in 2011,Hurry up and get better.:)

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member
DHL, fancy heading up to Manc after we do west park in january?
We could go straight up and do the steps.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

A few more...

Under Construction

Carpark.jpg

Demo.jpg

A couple of randoms off the iphone, since I last updated this thread

B2-1.jpg

C3.jpg

And a few recent ones...