real time web analytics
Report - - [Victoria - Australia] Roop's Bunker. | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - [Victoria - Australia] Roop's Bunker.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Matt.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The History.

I’m sure avid fans of Mad Max will instantly recognize this. Originally constructed for storage of ammunition around the 1960’s as a part of the
Point Wilson explosives magazine, the bunkers fell into disuse well before the first Mad Max movie was made in 1979.

The ammunition bunker which is the subject of this explore featured at the start of Mad Max with character ‘Roop’ sitting upon it and also later in the background when character, ‘Goose’ takes a wild ride on his bike (As seen below). This bunker is one of four, three sit in a row approximately 100 metres apart
(this bunker being the centre one) and the forth is within a bird sanctuary.

point-wilson-road-goose-with-bunker.jpg

Mad Max screenshot with Goose – Note; the bunker to the right.​

The Explore.

The long, straight, narrow road to the bunkers began to look more and more desolate the further I got down it, and with that began to look
more and more like a scene from Mad Max. Continuing on past an intimidating bullet hole ridden sign that simply read ‘STOP – Authorised Personnel Only’
I finally made it to the bunkers. The exceedingly flat landscape made for strong freezing winds but also a stunningly huge sky and picturesque view
of the You Yangs, and with not another person for miles it was a true feeling of serenity.

The Photographs.

8-1.jpg

Uninhabited Tranquility.

2-1.jpg

Apocalypto.

3-1.jpg

Oblivious.

4-1.jpg

Another bunker is visable in the distance.

1-1.jpg

Grounded.

5-1.jpg

Whitewash.

6-1.jpg

Spread.

7-1.jpg

Sanctuary.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details