real time web analytics
Report - - Victoria Clock Tower (Liverpool, Dec, 2018) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Victoria Clock Tower (Liverpool, Dec, 2018)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Always loved that tower.

My biggest enigma was what on God's earth had happened to the bell, and where the remaining piece went!!

I always wondered how the whole shaft of the bell had managed to fall yet not take every floor with it!!

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
Was planning to do this in the summer but it looked like a hard site to go to so went to them flats by the tunnel instead, I would love to have a another shot at this always had an interest in this tower since I saw it on the ferry!

thehoviskid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always loved that tower.

My biggest enigma was what on God's earth had happened to the bell, and where the remaining piece went!!

I always wondered how the whole shaft of the bell had managed to fall yet not take every floor with it!!
It'd been cut, hadn't it? Bells do crack, but rarely more than a fracture which affects the tone- it's more likley that someone cut it somehow- could you do that to bronze with an axe grinder? Don't know that it would be much more than half a ton looking at the width of the crown in old photos, if you could get it onto the floor and then break it up there....

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It was about an inch & half thick! I actually recall it being a rough break, not gas axed or sawn.
If like to imagine it just cracked one day and fell off :)

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
This is from... erm... a report from 2008. What I want to know is why didn't they cut the bolt?
1545733257215.png

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Oh yes it has been cut. Funny it looked different in my memory!

Where did the rest go?!

Who has read this thread (Total: 304) View details